Menu

Abeka Of People Literature

Hi there, 

I am trying to see samples of the Teacher's Guide to Abeka Of People. 

Both Christianbook.com and Abeka do not have the sample pages for the Teacher's Edition. 

If someone on WTM has this textbook I would so appreciate if you could get in touch & possibly scan us some pages from this book. We live in Australia & it is not easy to see what it looks like. 

Kind regards

Sherid

The book is a disappointment in depth, length, scope, number of pages, discussion questions etc.

I thought that the TM was combined with the whole English TM and as o recall there is very minimal discussion and leading questions.

Abeka's literature is also very one sided and leaning as far as discussion questions. But if you want something very uplifting and safe, just to make sure you cover some literature it's ok. We've done that serval times when I just needed something other than my kids free reading and it was ok.

Personally I found used 6th and 7th grade Holt Elements of Literature. I am thrilled with these books. They are three times the size of Abeka's. The have more genres and they purposefully but tastefully push the envelope as far as making kids think outside their own culture or comfort zone. They are not depressing and so far I have found nothing seriously inappropriate.

The discussion questions are ten times the length, depth and breadth of Abeka's and inside the boom you will find the writing prompts, vocabulary and introductions to each unit, so that a teachers manual is unnecessary. Best of all of you look around you can find these used for about 10.00 or less.

Unfortunately I have increasingly found the Christian publishers to be really lacking compared to the best of the public school textbooks, believe it or not. This has been my experience with Science, History and Literature. Christian publishers seem to excel in Grammar and composition and Phonics.

• Like 1