Menu

Keyboarding Without Tears

SevenDaisies

Has anyone used this lately? We purchased it last year and although it wasn't worth much, it was super cheap. I noticed this year the price has increased significantly and wondered if it was worth trying again. I am mainly looking at it for my 7 & 9 year olds as something to keep them busy while I am working with someone else.

I played around with the demos a bit, and I was planning to get one for my DS but i haven't yet.

IMO keyboarding software is not a good idea when you are looking for something for kids to do independently while you are busy. If there is no one to monitor their technique and/or finger placement, they will figure out the quickest way to play the games but not really develop good keyboarding skills.

For independent work, maybe software to work on math facts might be better.

There are no games on Keyboarding without Tears, so I don't think the concern above would apply. It is straight keyboarding without any flashy graphics. My oldest loved that aspect; my youngest found it dry and boring. So I think it depends on the child. I'll definitely purchase it again for my oldest. His keyboarding improved dramatically using this program. The price went from $6 to $10 for a one year license, which I think is beyond reasonable.

There are no games on Keyboarding without Tears, so I don't think the concern above would apply. It is straight keyboarding without any flashy graphics. My oldest loved that aspect; my youngest found it dry and boring. So I think it depends on the child. I'll definitely purchase it again for my oldest. His keyboarding improved dramatically using this program. The price went from $6 to $10 for a one year license, which I think is beyond reasonable.

I agree that $10 is beyond reasonable if it works, but for a time I couldn't even open the app. I was just wondering if the kinks had been worked out. Reasonable or not a 67% increase is still significant especially considering the roll-out was less than smooth.