Menu

Georgia Homeschool Connections

Guest ellerfamilytrio

Guest ellerfamilytrio

Hi, I'm very new here, but so far I really like how helpful this site has been.  I have been looking for (and actively contacting) groups around our area for awhile but have not received any responses so far.  I'm starting to wonder if these groups are still operating and where else I can find listings of local homeschool groups (I've searched ghea.org and google).  Does anyone in Central Georgia have suggestions for homeschool groups or co-ops?  Also, is there a more frequently updated site to search local homeschool groups that you may know of?  We live in Butts County and I do not mind driving up to 45 minutes or an hour if necessary.  Thanks for any input!

Hello fellow Georgian!  :)

I'm sorry, but I don't live around there.  I know a couple of people who homeschool through a mom's group I was in when my children were babies.  Have you tried looking for a mom's group around your area?  Perhaps there will be a few who will eventually homeschool their children. 

Also, (I don't know your beliefs) there is an organization called classical conversations that meets in one's area.  I don't really know much about CC except that the group in your area will meet say once a week (?) or twice a month (?) and a lot of memory work.  I do have one of their audio cd's that I think is great though.  :) 

Another option is perhaps your local nature center?  I know the one where I live if you are a member they have free homeschool classes.  I don't know how old your child(ren) is(are).  Something to consider.  I'm pretty sure the children's museum in Atlanta offer homeschool classes.  I don't know how far away you are to that.

Good luck! 

Good luck! 

Guest ellerfamilytrio

These are great ideas I hadn't even thought about.  I will check into them this week so I can hopefully find something before we start our year!  Thanks so much! :001_smile:

Hi, I'm very new here, but so far I really like how helpful this site has been. I have been looking for (and actively contacting) groups around our area for awhile but have not received any responses so far. I'm starting to wonder if these groups are still operating and where else I can find listings of local homeschool groups (I've searched ghea.org and google). Does anyone in Central Georgia have suggestions for homeschool groups or co-ops? Also, is there a more frequently updated site to search local homeschool groups that you may know of? We live in Butts County and I do not mind driving up to 45 minutes or an hour if necessary. Thanks for any input!

Check out Houston County Homeschool Happenings on Facebook! There are tons of people from other counties, so if you introduce yourself there, you might find someone close to you. There's a lot of info about events all over middle GA too, especially Macon.