Menu

customer service reps are idiots . . .

gardenmom5

I just ordered an item, paid via paypal, then among the series of e-mails relating to the order was a "new address".  :scared:  (house number is completely wrong, everything else is fine.) :willy_nilly:

the only thing I can figure is the vendor had to have done something.  :ohmy:  :svengo: I've ordered from him before with no problem, so I really don't think it was deliberate.  (besides, it's $5.)  I would think it would automatically copy into the mailing label - and NOT have to be manually typed in.

But I called paypal and they're like "your account is in good standing, the correct address is showing up, etc."  :banghead:  iow: we can't help you.

so, I've left a vm on the vendor's phone (at least I had #), and sent him an e-mail that he has sent my item to the WRONG address.  

• Like 2

Notify PayPal about the issue, immediately.   When I buy something on eBay, paying with PayPal, I select the Shipping Address and it is automatic. I don't fill in anything, I just select the correct Shipping Address. GL

I did.  I called paypal - they can't help me.  I paid through them, but it wasn't from ebay.  my correct address shows up in their files.  

Paypal can only help after the fact. IF the item is not delivered to your Paypal verified address (which it may not be since the vendor apparently mistyped it), then you can file with paypal and it will be covered. Vendors are only covered from chargebacks if they can provide tracking to the VERIFIED address.

Paypal can only help after the fact. IF the item is not delivered to your Paypal verified address (which it may not be since the vendor apparently mistyped it), then you can file with paypal and it will be covered. Vendors are only covered from chargebacks if they can provide tracking to the VERIFIED address.

Well I'll have a record of trying to fix it the day of the order.

The vendor hasn't contacted me. I sent an email and left a vm to hopefully get it fixed before it was actually mailed.