Menu

fashion trend appropriate or not for almost 50

lynn

Some items are best left to the teens & 20somethings but those shoes are fine.

I was in Papaya the other day and saw some super-cute things that sadly looked ridiculous on me when I tried them on. I've got the physique to pull them off still but sadly my face is looking middle-aged these days & I don't have the cash for doing something about it at the dermatologist's.

Most fashion trends don't bother me for women my age for "to each his own." However, Are vans or converse just for young adults? I want these but am I to old http://mobile.kohls.com/product/prd-2083147/converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-rose-sneakers-for-women.jsp.

I just bought a pair like them for myself.  I'm 41.

I love them.  And they do make me feel younger.  :thumbup:

I'm as "old school" as they come, so I like Chuck Taylors on the basis of "style," but the fact remains that these are absolutely "crap" shoes and not a good orthopedic choice for a 50 year old, or a kid.

They are junk. For good health choose something else, not these.

Bill

• Like 3

I haven't had mine long enough to tell you how good they are.  I'll just say that the soles are super thick and cushiony.  I wore them all day today and they do not hurt my feet.  And new shoes often hurt my feet.

I would not consider these good athletic shoes.  No no... They are more cute fun shoes for everyday wear.

• Like 1

I'm as "old school" as they come, so I like Chuck Taylors on the basis of "style," but the fact remains that these are absolutely "crap" shoes and not a good orthopedic choice for a 50 year old, or a kid.

Bill

Shoes are for geezers! ::sprints away barefoot::

• Like 6

I think these styles are ageless.

I got Vans in the spring that have very good support--and ever since my year of Plantar Fasciitis, I know what I need in a shoe. Converse may have some issues, and they're definitely too narrow for my feet, but the Vans rank among my most comfortable shoes.

• Like 1

Bill

There's Bill being the voice of reason again! :)

Bill

Bahahaha, my objection to getting a pair for myself is that they aren't minimalist enough. I have a feeling you think "healthy shoe" is the opposite of what I do.

• Like 3

I'd love to wear them, but the last time I tried on some Converse shoes they HURT. I was like, whaa..??

I'll have to try on the ones linked about that are supposed to be more comfortable. I insist on comfort in my shoes. Insist!