Menu

Where did you get your SAT registration form?

I'm not sure anyone would be in the high school guidance office right now to walk in and pick one up-and do they even have the paper forms at a high school any more? Would I be better off checking with a middle school that might have kids do talent search? It seems like even through a talent search you have to get the paper form locally, mail it in, and then have the scores sent to them.

We're registered with a cover school, and I know they give the PSAT and the ACT, but I don't see anything about offering the SAT on their website.

Ugh!!

Also, I noticed on CTY's website that they will not accept scores on the new SAT for programs for 2016, ,just in case that's a concern for anyone.

I wonder why that is?  Does CTY think that the new SAT is not as rigorous as the current SAT? 

When my kids took the SAT before age 13, I was able to get the hard copy registration forms at our local library.

Good luck to your dd.

I am pretty sure that registration is online. https://sat.collegeboard.org/register/

OP's child and my kids are under 13. We need to mail in.

I didn't think to ask the library. I'll ask tomorrow as we'll be there for a teen event (6th grade and up).

If not we'll just go through NUMATS and pay more.

Have you check the district office? Mine is open year round while the school admin offices won't reopen until beginning of August.

We are thinking of letting oldest try ACT followed by SAT. At least CTY still takes ACT scores for courses, just not for SET.

I wonder why that is? Does CTY think that the new SAT is not as rigorous as the current SAT?

I think it is because there is no data to norm for percentiles.

I assume it's exactly that, just like the ASPIRE vs the EXPLORE-it hasn't had enough even on-level data, let alone out of level data, to be reliable for their purposes yet.

I figured we'd do the SAT while it's available, because she can always do the ACT in the Spring. That and she loves vocabulary and has been reading SAT vocab books for fun for years, so I think she'll greatly enjoy that part of the test, at least.

After playing phone tag with our cover school, they're sending a copy-which they had to request from CB because they don't normally stock them. And, an added bonus-they're willing to let DD take the PSAT when they give it for the juniors in October (ai'd contacted them about that last year and got a hard and fast "No") and we now have formal permission to grant high school credit before 8th grade and outside of Foreign language-which also has been a flat "No" in the past.

Maybe I should have told them that she was planning to apply for early college sooner?

• Like 1