Menu

Tell me more about Homeschool skedtrack

I haven't used it for a long while, but what I liked was assignments automatically rolling over and the ability to control the order of subjects/classes. What I didn't like was its rigid marriage to hours and the difficulty of schedule adjusting if something took longer than planned. It was also more difficult if I missed a day which I did often. The price was nice though!

• Like 2

We use it.  I find it a bit clunky, but it's free so there's that.  It's also pretty easy to use once you set everything up for the year.  You can easily see your child's daily or weekly assignments and print them out if you'd like. It tracks hours, days, grades if you need those things. Right now, we just use it to track progress, skills, and see where we need to spend more or less time.  

• Like 1

Guest HHW Academy

i found it to have some issues with being so ridgid. it was free so i did try it out. in end i have each subject on a file folder w goals stapled to outside by top and inside prongs like at doc office for notes..lessons kept in there. i plan out the quarter and make sure print items in there. and a to do by week. we mainly keep to a weeks to do list but daily is harder. life gets in way sometimes. 

I've only just begun using it, however, I'm absolutely adoring it.  I've tried almost all the others out there and there are features I like about each but never fully embraced any of them.  This one seems to be it for me.  For others, another option is better.  Since it's free, why not give it a try and see?  

I will say, watch the tutorials before you "do" each section.  It helped me figure things out quickly.  I also found a great tip from a blog about adding html code in the lesson plan boxes - you can make it look anyway you want or add pictures, links or even videos.  My favorite feature is bumping to the next day if you don't get to it and it doesn't mess up the rest of the schedule.   I also like how simple it is.  Some love HomeSchoolTracker but it is so confusing and featured filled, that I can't figure it out easily.  I'm also not sure what others are referring to about it being "rigid".  So far, I've found it very easy to adjust and change.  

Good luck finding what works for you.  

ETA: I had dismissed this one for years because of its looks and ads.  Now, I have no idea why.  I was addicted to "pretty" but realized I need simple and functional.  

I've only just begun using it, however, I'm absolutely adoring it.  I've tried almost all the others out there and there are features I like about each but never fully embraced any of them.  This one seems to be it for me.  For others, another option is better.  Since it's free, why not give it a try and see?  

I will say, watch the tutorials before you "do" each section.  It helped me figure things out quickly.  I also found a great tip from a blog about adding html code in the lesson plan boxes - you can make it look anyway you want or add pictures, links or even videos.  My favorite feature is bumping to the next day if you don't get to it and it doesn't mess up the rest of the schedule.   I also like how simple it is.  Some love HomeSchoolTracker but it is so confusing and featured filled, that I can't figure it out easily.  I'm also not sure what others are referring to about it being "rigid".  So far, I've found it very easy to adjust and change.  

Good luck finding what works for you.  

ETA: I had dismissed this one for years because of its looks and ads.  Now, I have no idea why.  I was addicted to "pretty" but realized I need simple and functional.  

Lucidity, can you share the blog where you found that "tip" or explain the tip for us.  I'm loving Skedtrack, did you know you can import and export lesson plans other people have created.  I'd be happy to share my lesson plans with others.

Sure, here is the blog and the two links - I've done this and love it.  :)  

https://thebackpackobjective.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/planning-with-homeschool-skedtrack-basic-html-links/

and

https://thebackpackobjective.wordpress.com/2014/10/13/planning-with-homeschool-skedtrack-inserting-images/

Hope that helps!!  I can explain further myself if these don't help you.  

• 6 years later...

Last year, I stumbled onto Skedtrack, in the search for a 'good' online homeschool scheduler.  I mainly wanted to use one, so I could fill in student homeschool subjects/activities, and then print out a planner for each child.  After using Homeschool Skedtrack so far, I've found the process very straightforward, (compared to Homeschool Tracker and Homeschool Planet which is a paid subscription), and have not looked back.  I feel organised for the coming school year for my children starting the year in Homeschooling.  I have also made an extra student (myself), and planned the years activities for me to do in conjunction with 'family activities'.  Keeps ME on track too.  One issue I have with Skedtrack, is that there is no video tutorial in the 'Activities' section, for 'Auto Generate Activities'. I have no idea how to auto-generate activities.  Maybe someone could help me there.  Otherwise,  I love it that Skedtrack is free and reliable.  No glitching site issues.  All the video tutorials are very helpful too.