Menu

History & Science Sequence 9th Grade: Starting with Medieval.

Has anyone started the History sequence in the Medieval period in 9th Grade? We are joining this fantastic group who is doing a great job and creating a history experience for kids like I've never seen.

My rising 9th grader has already studied Ancient so this will be a perfect fit for him.

My outline would look like this.

9th Medieval

10th Renaissance

11th Modern 1850 Present

12? Not sure yet.

I will also have a 6th grader starting this sequence as well.

What do you think? Any suggestions for curriculum in addition to this group we're starting for my high schooler?

I'm also looking for suggestions on science for this sequence, but my 9th grader has no interest in Biology. Physical Science is on his radar.

Thank you!

Sounds great to me!

That history cycle is just a suggestion. It's not written in stone by any means. My second DC isn't even going to do an ancient or medieval year for highschool. It doesn't interest her in the slightest.

Maybe an off the beaten path science? Astronomy, geology, etc. Otherwise it really depends on where his math is.

• Like 1

The level of chemistry depends on his math level, not his grade. There are "conceptual" courses that are low on the math if needed. Look in the stickied chemistry thread in this forum to get an idea of what's out there.

• Like 1