Menu

Abeka's US History Heritage of Freedom - QUESTION

I have my daughter signed up for Am. history at our co-op this fall and this is the book they will be using. On the Cathy Duffy website the review stated,

"This text makes no pretensions of neutrality; it is clearly anti-Catholic and anti-Communist. It

promotes a Protestant viewpoint, criticizing secularism..."

"The philosophy of government is inconsistent".

I am Christian, raised catholic. And I prefer history that is laid out with as few "slants" as possible, so things can be discussed openly, without any preconceived notions. Anyone have experience with this text/curriculum?

I am Catholic and threw this book away. I thought it was completely biased and thought of using it as a fallacy study, but honestly it just ticked me off too much. I have used a few other Abeka books without a problem, but now I am anti-Abeka. I read Cathy Duff's review and it was spot on. I should have listened to her. FYI I have gotten rid of a few Catholic history books that were just as biased. We liked a secular American history that I thought was well balanced...I can look it up and post later if you would like.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...