Menu

Transcript question

Gwen in VA

If a student attended a school for three years and then homeschooled her senior year, should her homeschool transcript include all four years or just her senior year?

Obviously she will send a transcript from the school, but what I am unsure about is if her homeschool transcript should only include information from the one year she was homeschooled or if should be an inclusive document so all her grades and classes are in one document. (She would indicate which classes were taken where.)

Thoughts? (Yes, my four have all graduated. This question is for a friend!)

These courses should be on the homeschool transcript as transfer credits. I would think the homeschool parent would be counting these courses completed at the high school toward the homeschool's graduation requirements, right? Otherwise, how will the parent issue a diploma? This will be the student's final transcript, and it needs to be a complete record for all of high school. HTH.

• Like 1

Yes, I would include all four years.

My daughter homeschooled her high school years but took classes at several different venues.  I used different fonts to indicate where those classes had been taken.  I included a key in which the meaning of each font was explained.

Your friend might do something similar indicating which classes were taken at the local high school and which at home.

I can email you or your friend a copy of my daughter's transcript if you/she would like to see how I did this.  Simply send me a personal message with the appropriate email address.

Regards,

Kareni