Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with Me?

Hard to say what Monday is going to be like.  I am 5 hours away in a hotel and unsure when we'll start driving back.  I will be working in the car on the way back.

Theoretically, my kids have swim team at 5pm and tennis at 7pm.  Will we make it?  I don't know.

I have a lot of work I want to do but without an internet connection or access to my home files, I can't do much of it.

I'm pretty sure I'll spend the late evening washing all the clothes from the trip and trying to get organized / back to normal.

• Like 2

Sunday was :willy_nilly:

Today is  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  

twin 2  gave me the calm down star today -   :o

Tomorrow we will catch the very early train to Melbourne ( 4 am)  and return Wednesday just over 400 km each direction. it will be cold wet and miserable in Melbourne. We cannot fit the twin pram on the metro public transport so will be doing lots of lovely brisk walking from the city to the suburb with the hospital and the motel. Just as well we like walking. So not looking forward to it.      Angel flight was denied as birth mother would not sign necessary paperwork :001_rolleyes:

• Like 2

Survived the night shift from the 4th to 5th and will be OFF tomorrow.

My # 1 goal will be to align myself with the clock again and get ready for an afternoon / evening shift the next day.

A few chores:

Laundry

Kitchen floor

Get CSA items

Tickle Lilly's (dog) belly  :)

• Like 2

Sunday was :willy_nilly:

Today is  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  

twin 2  gave me the calm down star today -   :o

Tomorrow we will catch the very early train to Melbourne ( 4 am)  and return Wednesday just over 400 km each direction. it will be cold wet and miserable in Melbourne. We cannot fit the twin pram on the metro public transport so will be doing lots of lovely brisk walking from the city to the suburb with the hospital and the motel. Just as well we like walking. So not looking forward to it.      Angel flight was denied as birth mother would not sign necessary paperwork :001_rolleyes:

I read before that you have to drive / travel such a horrendous distance because of your foster twins. What a task...and I realized it's winter where you are. :grouphug:

• Like 2

Since we have a family arriving on Friday night (we are hosting them for a week of swim camp), my to-do list this week is longer than normal.  Yuck.

Laundry (boys got home from camp yesterday...there is a bit).  I need to run at least 3 loads today.

Toy Area Cleaned.

Camping Gear all cleaned and stowed properly.

Bathrooms (all three)

I need to bake some breakfast breads, and make some breakfast burritos...we start summer swim tomorrow morning, and that means leaving at 0630.  Breakfast will be on the road, and I need snacks for after swimming as well.

• Like 2

My day:

--usual daily things and Monday tasks

--garden: pick, weed

--yard: weed, deadhead flowers (assuming there is no rain when I'm able to work outside this afternoon)

--accompany dd20 to her GI visit (I will sit in the waiting room so that I can help her with paperwork and family history questions, since I just went through the whole family medical history saga with dd15)

--start sauerkraut in my new $5 crock :D

--finish biology syllabus

--sort through books ds culled from his shelves into sell/donate/keep piles

--send dd15 the link so she can check her AP score (but I will check first ;))

• Like 2

I slept in my contacts last night. So strange. I have never done that before. My eyes feel all itchy and irritated this morning. I drove my dd to work, and when I got home, I took out my contacts and went back to bed. I think I will rest my eyes for about an hour before I get up and put in a fresh pair of contacts. After that I'll get going with my to do list:

Tidy up
Sweep
Kitchen clean up

Laundry
10:30 dentist
Out to lunch with a friend

vacuum

bathrooms

mow the lawn
To the pool with ds if it's not raining
Sew a little
Violin practice
Violin lesson
Call dd17's friend's mom about visit
Think about starting a photo book

• Like 1

I'm feeling relieved to be able to get back to a routine today. We've been housesitting, just to return home and have family from out of state staying with us. No one is currently here and shouldn't be until at least later in the day. So I'm hoping to accomplish a lot and ENJOY normal.

Need to Do:

School

Dishes

Pick up Kitchen

Sweep Couches

Vacuum

Ds bath

Cat litter

Unpack

Want to Do:

Read

Planning

Take a walk

Today is also my first day back on my diet after goofing off for about a month. High hopes for today!

ETA: Ds slept through the night last night! He is almost 3yo and this is probably only the 3rd time. So I feel like superwoman today!

• Like 2

Good morning

- dishes- done

- tidy house- round 1 done and vacuumed

- get ready for school- done

- greet sitters- done

- go to school- done did horribly on my math test

- school work- not happening tonight

- dinner- done

- laundry- load in washer and dryer

- baths (if needed)- done

- bedtime routine- done

- anything else I get done- starting girls room deep clean and rearrange- almost done, going to finish tomorrow. Just some finishing touches like making beds

• Like 2

Good morning! Today is ds3's birthday! I am driving everyone into practice and buying donuts for the practice groups.

Then, it is home to take boys to laser tag place.

Then PM practice.

I am not sure what will get done today....maybe pizza for dinner.

Have a great day!

• Like 3

Monday!

Hope you are feeling OK this morning, Jean.

For Today:

Done Label jams

Put jam away in pantry

Done Clean kitchen

Done Emails

Done Dishes

Done Teach cello

Done Tidy

Done Sweep

Done Make blueberry bread

Wrap bread/freeze

Lunch - cottage cheese & fruit

Dinner - food

• Like 2

Well, it's been a rough weekend. DS10 was vomiting a lot, fever--some sort of stomach flu. One of the dogs was shaking and panting, so ended up bringing him to the vet but vet can find nothing wrong (bye bye 50 dollars!) He thinks he might just be missing my older son, who is away at camp Seems odd, but.... My IBS is flaring up still--fun fun, so I am trying to lay low. On the plus side, I am getting a lot of knitting done!

1. fold laundry

2. clean kitchen

3. walk dogs

4. exercise

5. pay cc bills

6. vacuum

7. reorganize pantry if I feel better

8. finish knitting socks, start new project? Baby blanket or ???

9. nap :D

• Like 2

Today is pretty light. :)

Fold laundry

Weed the garden

Make worksheets for another 3 chapters of LOFred

Vacuum the ceiling fans

Sweep the floors (definitely after the ceiling fans!)

Sort yarn to give away

Work on community group stuff

Work on volunteer stuff

Get a bag together to go to the thrift store tomorrow.

• Like 2

Ok, this is THE week! VBS is next week and there is so much I have been putting off that I have to get done!

1) make a master list of everything I have to purchase for VBS!

2) find recipes for staff snacks

3) purchase DS's school uniforms on-line

4) finish filling out paperwork for DS's school

5) laundry

6) budget stuff

• Like 2

Monday!

Hope you are feeling OK this morning, Jean.

Thank you.  It's been a rough morning but I think it will get better.  

Human care done

Pet care done

Dh out the door for work 

Ds at work

Dd dropped off at the Y.

I have the house all to myself for about an hour!  Well, along with two dogs, a cat and a rabbit. . . .  

Now I need to finish all my medical care which will take a big chunk of that time.  Oh and I need to give myself shots too.  Oh joy.  

• Like 1

We are at the pool. Trying to leave a quiet house for Dh.
He is not sleeping at all well these last 10 days, like 1-2 hrs at a time, 2x in a night. Stress for sure. Maybe a physical cause too?

Done:
ordered curriculum for church
researching alternative medicine options for dh
swim practice

Made acupuncture appt, for dh for tomorrow

To do:
school planning - science    Not happening today.
dinner - burgers and veggies.   On the grill this minute.

• Like 1

Prepped some more spots for drywall to do up. Patched a few more holes. I'm done until dh gets home tonight. Since it is going to rain I doubt he'll get to finish putting the gate up so maybe we'll put the kitchen ceiling drywall up instead. Until then I'm going to attempt to get the computer room entirely cleaned so I can close the door and be done with it until Saturday. We're having a bunch of people over on Saturday so along with the drywalling I have to get the rest of the house cleaned.

My schedule got a bit mixed up and I taught a surprise violin lesson this afternoon. Yikes.

The oven has decided that it has been overworked today and has gone on strike, and Dh is going to work late tonight, so I think we will have a dinner free-for-all, which may include blueberry muffins. I am hoping the oven is hot enough to finish this last batch.

Well, we got back to town around 5:30pm so the kids missed their swim lesson.  Here's how the rest of the evening went:

• Cleaned out the van we drove in.
  • Replaced all the crap we had to move from the van to the house last Wednesday so we could have some cargo space.  (Wondering how long it will stay in the van before someone finally puts it wherever it belongs.)
  • Went through the mail.
  • Washed dishes that were used on the trip.
  • Put away (or threw away) everything from the trip except for the dirty clothes.
  • Cleaned out my car.
  • Started readying stuff for Tuesday kid camps.
  • Got the kids to tennis lesson.
  • Walked while they practiced.
  • Arranged for horse camp Tuesday and gym camp Wednesday.
  • Took kids to the library and the adjacent park.
  • Took kids to Chipotle for carry-out.
  • Ate dinner at home.
  • Baths / hair washes for the kids.
  • Cleaned the bathrooms, kitchen, and some house clutter.
  • Put out ant poison.  (I hate ants.)
  • Put the kids to bed.
  • Washed all the clothes from the trip (only 2 loads).
  • Worked a little.
  • Exercised a little.  (Man, I overate a lot on this trip.  I will pay for this.)
  • Still plan to read a tiny bit just to make it feel like a good day.

The house is a wreck but it is better than it was when I got home.  I hope to get it organized some over the next few days, but who knows?

• Like 1