Menu

Preschool!

moonlight

What do you do with your preschoolers? I'm especially interested in hearing from people who have older kids that take a lot of your time. I'd love to take him to a weekly playdate with kids his age, but don't know how to fit that in. He does do juijitsu 5 days a week now with friends his age. During the week, it's 3 days a week. I love that it works out for him because the older 2 boys have classes at the same time.

I'd love to have something special to do with him for about 15-30 minutes a day. I already read aloud to him several times a day and he has independent busy bags and some activities to do. 

Thanks!

I have 3 older kids and my preschooler. I have implemented a loop schedule for his time with me. I block off 1/2 hour for his loop time. He loves to feel like his is doing school like his older siblings, so many of the choices seem workbookish or very schoolish, but they are what he wants! My loop looks like this:

B4fiar

Elemental Exploring Science

Bob Books

Kumon Workbooks (cutting, tracing, coloring etc)

Right Start Math A (Very slowly!)

He is also included with our morning loop which includes art, music study, bible, read alouds, math games, and map study. He participates as well he can.