Menu

Developmental Vision Exam 101

Did you do the basics like checking for reviews, finding out their pricing structure (to make sure you can actually afford it), and doing a basic vision exam first to make sure you actually like the doc?

Our place does a monthly intro workshop, and some places that don't do that will give you a tour of their therapy room, let you meet a therapist, etc.  By the time we went, I had already seen their facility, met the head therapist, knew the pricing structure and payment plans, etc.  What's not cool is going in and getting surprised.

• Like 1

I've met their head therapist, and I do know the pricing structure (although, obviously, there will be some variation based on what exactly she needs). I went to the DS's vision exam this year (he was a goofball and failed the vision screening at his pediatrician!), so we got to meet him.

Seems like all vision therapy (at least around here) is pricey. 

• Like 1

I guess stock up on motivators!  :)   

It's great that you're going to get to do this.   You'll be fine.  Sounds like you're going in ready.  You have a babysitter for the others?  I wouldn't take other kids with you, because you're really going to want to focus and see what's going on and get the explanations for what you're seeing.