Menu

Color Coding School Supplies

I have orange spiral notebooks, from Walmart and Staples. It's my favorite color. So yep, they exist. Composition notebooks - I found an ocre-orangeish brown.

I don't know how many kids you have, but maybe you can combine it with supplies in a close color, like a dark yellow, if nobody owns that color.

It may be easiest to wait for the school supply sales first and let the kids pick among the colors in which supplies are actually available.

• Like 1

Orange shouldn't be too hard to find.

My dc once held the belief that no two people in the same family could have the same favorite color.  So, before dd4 was born, I joked that her favorite color would have to be orange.  (Red, yellow, green, blue, purple, and pink had already been taken.)

She proudly claims orange as her favorite color because it is the color of her hair.  (She's the strawberry-blonde in the family.)  

This is what we use. All colors available are in the photo on the link. We bought at 20 cents each during back to school sales.

http://m.staples.com/Staples-1-Subject-Notebook-8-x-1012/product_321463

Thanks!  I don't know why i didn't see that  .... or maybe I was looking specifically for composition notebooks at the time.

The orange wanna-be is a Preschooler - so any attempts to suggest a different color or combining with a 2nd color were quickly rebuffed and his opinion was adamantly reiterated.  *sigh*  :P

• Like 1

Thanks!  I don't know why i didn't see that  .... or maybe I was looking specifically for composition notebooks at the time.

The orange wanna-be is a Preschooler - so any attempts to suggest a different color or combining with a 2nd color were quickly rebuffed and his opinion was adamantly reiterated.  *sigh*   :p

dd4 knows that "red and yellow make orange" so she is ok w/ red or yellow if orange is not available.   She is very opinionated about other things, though, so I understand the frustration.  *sigh* indeed. 

I've tried colour coding with my dc, but it never worked out for very long. It's either too hard to find all the supplies needed in the specific 4 colours, or another child needed some other child's supplies and the colours got mixed up. Also, a lot of supplies make sense to share among the children. I don't usually buy supplies for specific colours, rather what is on sale.

I have a blue, green, yellow, orange, and pink -- we can almost always find supplies the right color, but it's actually green that's been more scarce for us over the years! If something doesn't come in one of our colors, we'll use black and then colored tape as suggested above.

I am so envious.  I have never seen spiral books less than 7 or 8 dollars in NZ.

:scared:  Is everything more expensive in NZ? Expensive spiral notebooks would be a 2-3 dollars. But everyone runs back to school sales and you can get them for ridiculously low prices.

I don't know why i didn't see that  .... or maybe I was looking specifically for composition notebooks at the time.

The 70 sheets spiral notebooks (wide ruled and college ruled) are going for 25 cents each from tomorrow to Saturday for my local Staples according to the upcoming weekly ad.

:scared: Is everything more expensive in NZ? Expensive spiral notebooks would be a 2-3 dollars. But everyone runs back to school sales and you can get them for ridiculously low prices.

:

Yes but spiral notebooks are just one of those wierd things that are irrationally more expensive. I think it because there isn't much demand but of course that is largely because they are expensive. Never mind.