Menu

What do you get a couple for their 60th anniversary???

AimeeM

My aunt is planning a surprise anniversary party for my grandparents :)

My Nana and Papa have been married for 60 years in July.

They don't know that we're coming - any of us :D Large family - all 7 of their kids, their kids' kids, their kids' kids' kids. I'm excited. 

• Like 1

Just a card.  I don't think you do gifts for that.  The invitation should say.  My in-laws enjoyed tributes, their grandkids singing, that kind of thing at their 50th.  You could make a video of their pictures if you've never done that before.  Maybe on a new theme if it hasn't been done in the past.  Or a fresh family portrait for their wall.

• Like 1

They don't know that we're coming - any of us :D Large family - all 7 of their kids, their kids' kids, their kids' kids' kids. I'm excited. 

Everyone coming is their gift. Anything else will pale in comparison.

Schedule a photographer to do a portrait of the whole group, and any individual families that want portraits. We did this at my grandfather's funeral and I treasure that picture. It was the last time we were all together.

• Like 3

A card, or lunch out, or more regular phone calls.

I think my grandparents started giving away their stuff at their 45th. Your "present" was to take home a vase or basket or book or something they gave you because they really didn't need anymore stuff.

We just surprised my parents with a 50th anniversary party. Most people just brought a card, but some included gift cards to local restaurants. We hired a professional photographer for the party and had a photo album made afterward. My mom loves her photo book and says it is her favorite gift. :)

I just threw my in-laws a 50th party. I'm an amateur photographer and they really, really wanted portraits of the guests.

If you can swing it, hire a photographer. But they're expensive. A few hundred easily, if it will be for many couples or groups. But, you might find a cheap photographer, so look around.