Menu

CLE Math 200 Flash Cards

shernandez

Hi, all!  We recently started using CLE math, and my dd is LOVING it.  Math has become her 2nd favorite subject in school (and that means a lot since before CLE, math meant tears and struggle).  Anyway, I did not buy the TM, as I am very confident teaching her math.  We have been using xtra math for facts practice, but I'm wondering if the flashcards may be better.  Can anyone tell me if the the flashcard sets match up with the current fact drill?  Or can you tell me how to set up the flashcard system?  I realize they are inexpensive, but funds have been super tight this year and I am cutting costs any way I can.  Thanks!!

I think the flash cards are worth the price. You do NOT need the TM to set them up. It gives directions on a little pamphlet that is included with the cards. I know they're used through the 400s level, so you will be getting your money's worth for a while. ;)

• Like 1

I love the flash cards! We've used Xtramath and reflexmath on the ipads, but I've found the flashcards much more effective. The system seems really thorough, I wish I would have started using it in grade 1 (we also started in grade 2). Contemplating buying a second set for my rising first grader . . . not sure if I could make it work for two separate students in two separate grades.

If one does indeed use them through CLE 400, your next child will be using them by then, if that helps when considering the purchase :)

Sorry, just reread your post. In CLE 200 the flashcards are grouped into sections A through M. A-F is review of grade 1 (I think, like I said, we didn't use CLE in 100. They just sort of whizzed through them in the first few booklets). I believe they are all the facts that add up to 10 or less. Some of these my ds didn't have mastered so I've put them in it's own group and we review them daily before following the recommendations in the booklet.

Set G is 9+2=11 and 6+6=12 fact families. Set H is 7+4=11, 3+8=11 and 5+6=11 fact families. Set I deals with 9+3, +4, and +5 families. Set J is doubles of 7, 8 and 9 fact families (eg 9+9=18). Set K is 9+6, +7, +8. Set L is 7+5, 8+5 and 7+6 fact families. Set M is 8+7 and 8+6 fact families as well as the random 0-0=0 lol. Just to be clear, all four operations in each fact family are used in each section.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Yes. If you buy the box of flashcards I believe there is a pamphlet that comes with it to tell you which section(s) to review that day. I'm probably going to use them next year with my rising first grader even though he's using Math Mammoth.

Yes the flashcards are worth the cost IMHO since their system uses those flash cards extensively for years. Love how the are set up and organized. It was worth every penny.

As for the TM, in later levels you might consider it since it not only makes grading easier, you also have access to alternate tests, extra practice pages and of course how to handle not only the lesson as printed but what to do for a struggling or accelerated learner. With funds being tight, though, I would absolutely have skipped the TM for level 200 and gone for the flashcards instead.

Good to know! I didn't realize they used the addition flash cards all through 4th grade. That makes the cost even better than it already was, so I may just buy them anyway. She is still counting out all of her answers, and it want her to memorize them.