Menu

I cannot get in to the Chat Board

Since this past weekend, I have been having trouble getting in to the Chat Board. I can usually get to threads via the "Content I Follow" link, but I cannot just access the Board from the main menu. I can see that others are accessing it.

I tried clearing my browser history and cache, and I have shut down and restarted my computer. Any other ideas?

If you are running Avast, disable it and try again opening a new browser after the disable.  Avast caused me so many problems with this board that I ended up getting rid of it.

It might not be your problem, but then again, it could be based upon the deals I had to work around.

• Like 1

Glad it worked for you!  Avast was really strange with when and what it picked for me to be unable to access too.  It generally picked specific threads, not whole boards, but it also didn't like "Find New Content" when it was having its issues.  I sent in several error reports when asked.  Then finally, one day, I just had enough and had hubby take it off my computer.  I think he loaded microsoft's control instead, but I'd need to ask him to be sure.  Regardless, I've had no issues since.

That's the same way it would be for me.  It'd be fussy and not get over something, so I'd turn Avast off and all would work ok.  Then it would continue to be fine the next day (or days) until the next time it decided to have issues.  I never did figure out what caused it.  I just got fed up with it.

Now you at least know a work around!  Glad it worked for you!

• Like 1