Menu

What is your opinion of "shhhhh!"?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of "shhhhh!"?

• Own and glad I do
    • Own but find it useless
    • Don't own but have considered
    • Don't own and have no desire to do so.
    • Other (always!)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold the phone, people. Are you saying that some of you can make hot tea without the instant hot water do-hickey? Like, how long does that take, to get her up to a... rolling boil? I mean, why boil water by starting a fire rubbing two sticks together if you're going to have to wait 2 hours for the freaking fire when you could have hot tea in, say, two minutes? In fact, I didn't even know it was possible, that any dear man had that kind of stamina. I thought the electricity-free hot cup of tea was a myth. I thought ladies said, Oh, my! Oh, honey! That's a wonderful cup of tea you made me, dear, but they were really just thinking, isn't he done yet? Where's my tea?

Maybe I'm revealing too much about my hot tea history here, but boy, howdy, do I ever wish I'd found the instant hot water tap for hot tea before I was 31! And we tried our darndest, no kidding, but the tea was not... forthcoming. Because, cripes, yes, I wholeheartedly agree that a hot cup of tea, administered regularly, is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle.

Really, how long does it take to get to hot tea if you're going there without electricity? I'm serious. I want to know.

[ETA: When I wrote this, I had only two little green boxes, 199 points. Now, you'll notice, I have three! And you've also offered me plenty of very helpful information along with that rep. You are so good. Thank you! So many ways to make hot tea. I had no idea....]

Okay...I stopped reading at this post, because by golly....I could've written that. So....now I need the info! I've even tried using electricity and still have no luck (maybe I'm doing something wrong??). Though I do just fine without DH :tongue_smilie:

With our first child, we always called the bouncy seat "the vibrator" because well, that is what it did. We never even thought twice about it. Once when we were in W@lm@rt, I was walking to a different section and my husband called after me, "Get batteries for the vibrator!" I suddenly realized there and then: 1. We were the floor show:blush:, and 2. that word was already taken!:tongue_smilie:

Ahem. Now, back to true confessions! ;)

With our first child, we always called the bouncy seat "the vibrator" because well, that is what it did. We never even thought twice about it. Once when we were in W@lm@rt, I was walking to a different section and my husband called after me, "Get batteries for the vibrator!" I suddenly realized there and then: 1. We were the floor show:blush:, and 2. that word was already taken!:tongue_smilie:

Ahem. Now, back to true confessions! ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

I think this thread should be resurrected once a year. Everyone should know about how tea came about. Now, where is the one on bOOks? Is it too old be around these parts? Memory lane is so nice.
:iagree:

:D

We have tried scheduling teA together for a time. Once every other day or once per day no matter what. It has really been beneficial.

We have tried scheduling teA together for a time. Once every other day or once per day no matter what. It has really been beneficial.

:svengo: If I did that, I'd be Loved to Death! I'm working the "quality, not quantity" angle; don't ruin it for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KidsHappen viewpost.gif

That's what is so great about The Wand, you can leave it right out in plain site and the kids are none the wiser. Mine is plugged in right beside my bed. That way it is ready at a moments notice because you know, sometimes when you have kids that's all the time you have. ;)

When the little ones have asked what it is and what it is for, I told them it was a back massager. I am sure the teen girls realize that it may have other purposes.

You know one day they're going to figure that out...

Yes, they will. My father and stepmother had one of those Hitachi Magic Wands back when I was a teenager. I found it one day, thought it was a microphone, and shoved it back in the cupboard. A few weeks later, I was trying to tape something (on a cassette - remember those?) and asked my dad where the microphone was. He had no idea what I was talking about. I insisted I seen one in such and such a place...When I went to look the next day, for some reason (hmmm...) it had disappeared. Several years later I realized what exactly that "microphone" had been!

I think this thread should be resurrected once a year. Everyone should know about how tea came about. Now, where is the one on bOOks? Is it too old be around these parts? Memory lane is so nice.

:iagree: Strongly agree! LOL! I love these threads when we are just having fun like this. :) Excellent!

:leaving: toy tea owner who shares the brewing fun with sweetie :)

:svengo: If I did that, I'd be Loved to Death! I'm working the "quality, not quantity" angle; don't ruin it for me.

It ends up raising the quality.

That's what is so great about The Wand, you can leave it right out in plain site and the kids are none the wiser. Mine is plugged in right beside my bed. That way it is ready at a moments notice because you know, sometimes when you have kids that's all the time you have. ;)

When the little ones have asked what it is and what it is for, I told them it was a back massager. I am sure the teen girls realize that it may have other purposes.

What if your kids then decide to use it as a massager?

When I was perusing Walmart's website (I was looking for tampons, okay) one of the items that showed up in the "people also bought" section was this mini-massager. I could only think of this thread. By itself it's not funny, but read the comments and also the age and usage of the reviewers. Obviously some had no clue what was...er...:blush: the original intent of said device.

Okay...so you say. :D For serious, though, the thought of committing the time you're talking about...:tongue_smilie: Dh falls asleep many nights shortly after our (late) dinner and, well, I just leave him sleep. There are books to read, after all. :tongue_smilie:

• 1 month later...

:iagree: We do this as our New Year's Resolution every year. Eventually we taper off.

Quill, we have found that you can also learn how to get high quality of the nearly instant variety....... iykwIm. Once an evening for so long and those buttons become, ime, very easy to push.

Opened and tried to vote, but then realized I had already voted! I find it interesting that there are VERY few women, comparatively, who "Own but find it useless." Seems like if you have one, you're glad that you do! I do wonder what the "Other" is. Anyone care to enlighten?
I think it depends on the person ;) I decided that I preferred myself over any gadget.

I think it depends on the person ;) I decided that I preferred myself over any gadget.

And I love both!!

I did do a double take when I saw this thread was back this morning. :D

I have made some acquistions since this thread was started.

Hi Julie! We even use the same marital strategies? Were we separated at birth? Love you!

LOL, now you guessed the hidden meaning of my chosen name. :D

• 1 year later...