Menu

What is your opinion of "shhhhh!"?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of "shhhhh!"?

• Own and glad I do
    • Own but find it useless
    • Don't own but have considered
    • Don't own and have no desire to do so.
    • Other (always!)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious, though, for Christain ladies, is this biblical? I've always felt like it wouldn't be "proper" (for lack of a better word). Boy do I feel like a prude.:blush:

My belief is that anything shared between the husband and wife is allowable as long as there are no "third parties" of any sort (video, literature, etc.,) Now some would argue that a human model may have been used thus involving a "third party" but I personally do not think this is a real problem.

Theoretically speaking, of course - I am neither admitting nor denying owning an appliance...

Not interested in batteries... holy over stimulation Batman... but I have been flirting with a battery-free product. The products on this page are a bit racier than the products already posted, so fair warning if you choose to click on the link. It's the all blue one about 3/4 of the way down the page (the River).

Blowfish is another reputable company. I second the non-electrical devices.

Not interested in batteries... holy over stimulation Batman... but I have been flirting with a battery-free product. The products on this page are a bit racier than the products already posted, so fair warning if you choose to click on the link. It's the all blue one about 3/4 of the way down the page (the River).

Those are stunning! Goodness, some look like they could stand in for coffee table art. :lol:

Those are stunning! Goodness, some look like they could stand in for coffee table art. :lol:

You could keep the eggplant on display and nobody would be the wiser...

You're killing me tonight!!!

:lol:

I'm not leaving this thread tonight... it's the first time I've cracked a smile here in days. :)

Ditto that.

You haven't ANY idea how difficult it was to resist typing a slightly different word than ditto! ;)

When I was in Grade 6, we dropped a bottle with messages from the class into the St. Clair River (midway through the Great Lakes system). Six months later we got a response from Dildo, Newfoundland. We were 12... it was the funniest thing that had happened in our lives up until that point, even though it's likely that 80% of us didn't know precisely what one was.

Non battery type here. Have been looking at this type Rabbit, but I'm not sure.

Omigosh... did you read the reviews? I love the one that says " the ears are AMAZING."

:D

OMG! Did you see the price on some of these? Wow! :001_huh:

Isn't that what a dh is for? ;)

Well, I have a dh, but he is in a place in his life, where although he loves me, he could care less about this particular activity. So having one of these keeps me from going insane when it has been 9 or 10 weeks since dh has been interested.

I am a much happier mama with one than without.

Doran, we're about to redo our kitchen and we've been talking about all the cool things we could do to upgrade.

For example, we once lived in a house with instant hot water. We were so excited about that feature when we moved in, and we made several cups of hot tea with it right off the bat, but it soon lost its allure. So we won't be investing in another instant hot water tap.

It's a lot like that. ;)

Hold the phone, people. Are you saying that some of you can make hot tea without the instant hot water do-hickey? Like, how long does that take, to get her up to a... rolling boil? I mean, why boil water by starting a fire rubbing two sticks together if you're going to have to wait 2 hours for the freaking fire when you could have hot tea in, say, two minutes? In fact, I didn't even know it was possible, that any dear man had that kind of stamina. I thought the electricity-free hot cup of tea was a myth. I thought ladies said, Oh, my! Oh, honey! That's a wonderful cup of tea you made me, dear, but they were really just thinking, isn't he done yet? Where's my tea?

Maybe I'm revealing too much about my hot tea history here, but boy, howdy, do I ever wish I'd found the instant hot water tap for hot tea before I was 31! And we tried our darndest, no kidding, but the tea was not... forthcoming. Because, cripes, yes, I wholeheartedly agree that a hot cup of tea, administered regularly, is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle.

Really, how long does it take to get to hot tea if you're going there without electricity? I'm serious. I want to know.

[ETA: When I wrote this, I had only two little green boxes, 199 points. Now, you'll notice, I have three! And you've also offered me plenty of very helpful information along with that rep. You are so good. Thank you! So many ways to make hot tea. I had no idea....]

Well, I have a dh, but he is in a place in his life, where although he loves me, he could care less about this particular activity. So having one of these keeps me from going insane when it has been 9 or 10 weeks since dh has been interested.

I am a much happier mama with one than without.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Hold the phone, people. Are you saying that some of you can make hot tea without the instant hot water do-hickey? Like, how long does that take, to get her up to a... rolling boil? I mean, why boil water by starting a fire rubbing two sticks together if you're going to have to wait 2 hours for the freaking fire when you could have hot tea in, say, two minutes? In fact, I didn't even know it was possible, that any dear man had that kind of stamina. I thought the electricity-free hot cup of tea was a myth. I thought ladies said, Oh, my! Oh, honey! That's a wonderful cup of tea you made me, dear, but they were really just thinking, isn't he done yet? Where's my tea?

Maybe I'm revealing too much about my hot tea history here, but boy, howdy, do I ever wish I'd found the instant hot water tap for hot tea before I was 31! And we tried our darndest, no kidding, but the tea was not... forthcoming. Because, cripes, yes, I wholeheartedly agree that a hot cup of tea, administered regularly, is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle.

Really, how long does it take to get to hot tea if you're going there without electricity? I'm serious. I want to know.

This is probably going to be one of my all time favorite posts. I love it.

I once saw one for sale at the Goodwill. Ummmmm...no thanks.

:leaving:

The only thing worse than seeing one for sale at the Goodwill is seeing someone buying one at the Goodwill. I know, because I did once. The thought that went through my head, compassionate woman that I am, was, I hope she tested that thing and that it worked and that the person who donated it didn't do so because she's burned out the motor on those, uh, back massages. Imagine the disappointment!

I did buy something once that looked just like a diTTo at the Goodwill. I was walking through the housewares, saw this... thing... and was utterly astonished. Naturally, I had to see if what I thought I was seeing actually was what I was seeing, so I took a good look. Guess what! It was a little plastic diTTo shaped tryptic thingie, that opened up and there was Jesus, inside.

One meets Jesus in the darndest places these days.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Thanks for the hugs. It is okay really, though. I mean, I would rather have dh than that, but we decided to come up with other ways to be intimate with each other. Lots of meaningful glances, hugs, kisses (he isn't much into these either, but is warming up to them,lol), etc. We're making it work. I wondered if we were going to have to deal with something like this because of our age difference. He is 11 yrs older than me. I hear tell this happens to some men after 55- not that he can't, but that the desire just kinda up and goes. He is so amazing in so many other ways- I can deal with this! ;-)

I've actually taken women shopping for them when they get too hormonal and horrible when their husbands were gone.

My DH is gone for months and months at a time. I am *horrible* without release, you people (see? inclusive language even though I'm guessing the guys on the board are avoiding this thread like it's a flea-ridden rat during the dark ages) have no idea.

But even then...yes, I have to agree with Nicole M that there are times that speeding up the process can help matters. HILARIOUS post, Nicole!

Oh my goodness! That is one of the funniest posts I have ever read!! Ever!! LOL That was absolutely brilliant. :lol:

I didn't discover how to achieve pretty quick, electricity-free hot tea to share with my husband until my late 20s. Before that tea was quiet tedious and I didn't even know how to make electric tea either. Depending on the context we can have tea the old fashion, electricity-free method well within 10 minutes, sometimes quicker. We tend to enjoy letting it brew for a few first unless the preschool toy is napping, the older editions are playing at neighbors and it's that intense afternoon tea.

It took education and time to learn this, by the way. Much patience and willingness to learn how to make tea this way by my husband too. The education was fun too though, most of the time. There are user-friendly books out there for those interested.

Well, I'm completely amazed I'm discussing this at all. Keep in mind I have been on this discussion board since about 2001, so I don't feel unfamiliar with many of you. On that topic, I'll tell you one more thing: we bought a pet rabbit about 6 months ago for fun. Those little guys like intense tea and are really interesting. ;)

...running and hiding under my pillow now. I'll probably never read these board again because in the morning I'm going to be mortified that I wrote this! LOL...

I've actually taken women shopping for them when they get too hormonal and horrible when their husbands were gone.

You are a saint.

I once went on a shopping trip with a whole pack of women, including a nurse. She would gaze and gaze at a tool, tilt her head to the side and make a pronouncement in a nonplussed, matter of fact sort of way, "Now, I'm a health care professional and I am telling you right now you could injure yourself with that thing."

Oh, and points for inclusive language, Mrs. Mungo!

[ETA: When I wrote this, I had only two little green boxes, 199 points. Now, you'll notice, I have three! And you've also offered me plenty of very helpful information along with that rep. You are so good. Thank you! So many ways to make hot tea. I had no idea....]

:smilielol5:

Bud can brew a cup in just a few minutes.

:leaving:

You are a saint.

I once went on a shopping trip with a whole pack of women, including a nurse. She would gaze and gaze at a tool, tilt her head to the side and make a pronouncement in a nonplussed, matter of fact sort of way, "Now, I'm a health care professional and I am telling you right now you could injure yourself with that thing."

Err....think she might say the same about the real thing in some cases. :lol:

Err....think she might say the same about the real thing in some cases. :lol:

I would highly recommend the UK show Coupling for anyone who has made it this far in the thread. The second episode deals with both the major theme of this thread, and Mrs Mungo's concern above. ;)

you've also offered me plenty of very helpful information along with that rep. So many ways to make hot tea. I had no idea....]

Hey, I could use some helpful information on making eletricity free hot tea in a say less than half an hour. I am not a patient woman and I certainly don't like waiting on my tea. When I want tea, I want it now, thank you very much. So please, any helpful hints, tips, tried and trues? You can PM me of course. Thanks!

But even then...yes, I have to agree with Nicole M that there are times that speeding up the process can help matters. HILARIOUS post, Nicole!

Yep. But it's not only about speeding up the process. Sometimes I just want to enjoy some tea by myself, you know? Without having to worry if someone else has enough sugar or milk, or if they need a top up to keep it warm. Tea for two is great, but once in a while, private teatime is a nice little indulgence. :D

Yep. But it's not only about speeding up the process. Sometimes I just want to enjoy some tea by myself, you know? Without having to worry if someone else has enough sugar or milk, or if they need a top up to keep it warm. Tea for two is great, but once in a while, private teatime is a nice little indulgence. :D
I agree, and sometimes it's nice to have all the tea biscuits to yourself.

I own and proudly use it! I was 30 before I had my first "O". I just didn't realize how selfish the men I was with were before that point. Then I met DH. Now, granted, we are still newlyweds (4 1/2 yrs). But we are 2xday people. I'm not lying or bragging. We are blessed and had I not explored what I was missing when I was single (a friend gifted me with a "V"), I wouldn't have known the difference. So, let your imagination go nuts! It's OK to get a little crazy. As long as you're both on board, it's allowed. It's in the bible!

But we are 2xday people.

Right now, at this moment, more than ever before, I am SO glad my husband doesn't read this board. I'm trying to convince him that 2xyear is enough. Your post would totally blow any chance I had of that. I'd be wiping up that mess for months. :lol:

I own a Hitachi Magic Wand. Here is a wiki description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitachi_Magic_Wand and here is a picture: http://www.hitachi-magic-wand.com/shop/HitachiMagicWand/ . I don't know how to do imbedded links, sorry. I don't own any attachments nor would I see any need to. I'll be glad to answer any specific questions or you can PM me if you want. :blush:

I'll second this recommendation.

And I'll tell a story that will make my mother roll over in her grave.

She shared with me, about six months before she died, that she had not, um, how do I say it, um, she'd gone without for a long time. She really missed that. So while I was visiting, I left the house, went out and bought her a massager. She was blushing, embarrassed, and slightly horrified. She quickly put it in her closet and didn't mention it again.

A week later I got a thank you note in the mail that was very funny, but let's just say she was enjoying her gift.

I know that is kind of a gross story. But I also know that many women are embarrassed about their sexuality. I am, and normally I wouldn't post on a thread like this. But I knew what would help her, and I knew she wouldn't buy one herself.

So should I do a poll on is that gross or not? lol Nah, I don't regret that at all.

I'll second this recommendation.

And I'll tell a story that will make my mother roll over in her grave.

She shared with me, about six months before she died, that she had not, um, how do I say it, um, she'd gone without for a long time. She really missed that. So while I was visiting, I left the house, went out and bought her a massager. She was blushing, embarrassed, and slightly horrified. She quickly put it in her closet and didn't mention it again.

A week later I got a thank you note in the mail that was very funny, but let's just say she was enjoying her gift.

I know that is kind of a gross story. But I also know that many women are embarrassed about their sexuality. I am, and normally I wouldn't post on a thread like this. But I knew what would help her, and I knew she wouldn't buy one herself.

So should I do a poll on is that gross or not? lol Nah, I don't regret that at all.

I don't think it's gross - it's sweet in a grown-up-daughter/mom kind of way. I LOVE that she sent you a thank-you note. ((Frankie))

What a funny thread.

Hot tea not a problem here....am amazed at the responses because my issue is that its such a short time till we have both drunk our tea, it's all over too soon. And one cup each has always been the limit.

Not frequent tea drinkers, but neither of us concerned. Its fun but not such a big deal.

No interest in embellishments from either of us, although every now and then I read a book or listen to a tape (or come here and read a thread like this :) ) and I try some experimentation. Haven't ventured to buy anything though. But really, we like our tea fairly plain and it's good.

Aside from this being one of the funniest things I've ever read (buoyed, of course, by...get this people...Amy Loves Bud's POST -- BwwaahhA! :lol:), I want to know why it is that people are sending you specific advice with their rep while I'm getting comments about my bravery and chutzpah. What? I'm too audacious for advice?! :D

Oh, dear, what have I done?? Will my box now overflow? (I'm totally cracking myself up here.)