Menu

Got my LiPS materials!

How's it going? We've had our 4th or so session now... finished all the "brothers." I made a game where I drew a picture on a square of paper for each sound, then she matches them with the right mouth picture. Easy and it really helped to reinforce. She really wanted to use letters rather than pictures, but I wanted her to focus on saying the sound. It's helping her to focus on the mouth movement.

The more I use it, and read and reread the material (I'm a skimmer and have to re-read lots of times), the more I am truly impressed with the content. 

• Like 1

Simultaneously going wonderfully and slugging along, which I anticipated. She's able to distinguish /p/ from /b/ now, which was an eye-opener for her. 

We're going very, very slowly - partly because her working memory is so poor, so it takes a lot of repetition to get things to stick. We're done the first three sets of "brothers", and we're stopping to review them until she has them down. 

I know that many people get through this fast - that won't be the case for us. Her  combination of issues mean that we're going to move slowly - and I'm okay with that. :)

I'm impressed with the materials, and also how easy it is to implement - especially for a program not designed for home use. Thus far, it's virtually completely scripted - can't get easier than that!

• Like 1

LIPS was literally rocket science for my ds.  I know we like to say things aren't rocket science, lol, but it really was!  With that foundation in place, Barton has been comparatively easy.  From where we were a year ago, not recognizing sounds, initial or final consonants, vowels, nothing, ds is now reading a full chapter out of an ESV Bible to me and comfortably doing Barton 4.  Amazing!  Plow on!  :)

• Like 3

LIPS was literally rocket science for my ds.  I know we like to say things aren't rocket science, lol, but it really was!  With that foundation in place, Barton has been comparatively easy.  From where we were a year ago, not recognizing sounds, initial or final consonants, vowels, nothing, ds is now reading a full chapter out of an ESV Bible to me and comfortably doing Barton 4.  Amazing!  Plow on!   :)

That's amazing! :)

• Like 1