Menu

ADHD funny moments

Maybe others have a story to share.

Today dd forgot to wear shoes to church. She thought she might have a pair in the car, but no. So she went into church wearing two unmatching socks. We sat in the last pew. She's 12! She's super conscious about her appearance. She was dressed nicely, her hair was done, and she even had mascara on. But no shoes.

In the past, she's gone to soccer practices and games without her cleats and shin guards, even with me reminding her. Thankfully, she doesn't play anymore. It was getting embarrassing.

• Like 7

We have lost so many shoes (and socks!).  It doesn't help that none of my kids like to wear them anyway, but add onto that the EF deficiencies and it's beyond comical.  We went to a musical recital Sunday with one shoeless child.  I picked up a child from gym with no shoes (don't know if they were lost at gym or didn't take them there).  And every now and again the a shoe or two shows up, but usually after it's  :001_rolleyes: too small for the wearer

• Like 2

I told my son to change his clothes including underware. He came out walking funny, and I asked him to show me he had changes his underware, so he pulled up the elastic to show me the new color, when I saw something underneath it. I asked him to pull down the edge, only to reveal the old ones underneath.

He looked at me and said. Oops.

• Like 3

My son had his foot ran over because he is so impulsive and quick moving. He decided last minute to jump out of the car right before the driver started to go. He said he had water dripping down his neck from swimming and had thought he better shake his hair out. So, the driver ran over his foot not realizing he had jumped out. No broken bones thankfully.

• Like 2

I sent DS into the store today and handed him a list and a $20.  DS then called me from inside the store because he could not find something.  I walked him to the aisle where he found the item.  We then went to a cashier and as he started to pay, he whipped out a debit card.  I ask him what he did with the $20, and his response was, "Oh, you mean that is not mine?"

I then had to ask for the change.

• Like 2

I'm very happy to have a funny moment to share again.

Last night dd12 got angry about a punishment and acted impulsively in her anger. I gave her a kiss goodnight when she was still angry but we didn't talk again until this afternoon. She made plans to visit a friend in the neighborhood and before leaving she gave me a big hug and told me that even if it doesn't seem like it a lot of the time, deep down she really loves me.

I told her that I know that she gets angry and acts without thinking, and I understand that she feels terrible afterward. Then I reminded her that we need to try the ADHD medicine because it might help her brain chemicals work better so she can stop and think before acting, so she isn't stuck feeling bad.

Then she said her therapist doesn't think the ADHD medicine is working because she can't stay on topic. I had to tell her, YOU HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED THE MEDICINE YET!

:lol:

• Like 6

SOTW, ADHD and tired style, read by DS 11: "After a partially difficult batter, in which over a thousand soldiers were killed or badly womaned, the army refused to go any further." [should be particularly, battle, and wounded.]

It actually took several iterations to get the whole sentence out, and each time he corrected on mistake, he made another one instead. This is all of them together. Of course, he followed his reading with uproarious laughter, which made him toot out the other end at the same time.

And now I found a typo in SOTW as a result of relaying this story--further should be farther, right?

• Like 2

My husband took my daughter for an eye exam. He called me to bring his wallet since he forgot that. I get to the store and find out he decided on impulse to get an exam for himself. This was supposed to be a one adult in out deal. Instead it turned into a multi hour 2 parent deal.