Menu

Character education resources?

I'm currently reading David Brooks' The Road to Character, and it's got me thinking that I might want to explore character issues further with dd next school year. One option would be to go through the book with her as a read-aloud, but even then I think it might be a little beyond her. I'll see what I think after I finish the book. But then I thought that there might be something already out there that is more for her age level. She will be going into 7th grade and I would consider sources aimed at anywhere from upper elementary to high school level (The Road to Character is aimed at adults). Has anyone used something that has helped your child grow and mature in this area? I'll look at Christian and secular sources. Thanks.

I'm currently reading David Brooks' The Road to Character, and it's got me thinking that I might want to explore character issues further with dd next school year.

It's not a curriculum, but you might want to take a look at

A Call to Character: Family Treasury of Stories, Poems, Plays, Proverbs, and Fables to Guide the Development of Values for You and Your Children by Colin Greer and Herbert Kohl

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1