Menu

WWS I COURSE

Do you mean an online course with an outside teacher? Then you won't be very involved. I had to help T get over her nerves and write something in the beginning. Once she got used to sitting down and cranking the assignment out, I only had to help her read through the rubric and make sure she'd followed all the instructions. I spent an hour at the beginning and half an hour at the end of the year.

If you want to do the book at home you'll have to buy the teacher's guide and plan to spend at least a couple of hours a week going over the material and checking the work.

• Like 1

Dang it, I should have put online class. Yes, the WTMA WW1 class. D12 will be taking the Delayed course (she is in public school). I am not prepared to help much.

I was wondering if I am required to help then should I get the WWSI instructor manual?

I am really hoping just to turn her over to the class.

I was wondering if I am required to help then should I get the WWSI instructor manual?

No, if you enroll her all you need is the student book. The teacher will post the rubric in the assignment sheet. You can be pretty hands off except to make sure the assignment is being done on time and that your student followed the instructions. Reading and following instructions is challenging for tweens. I know T wasn't the only one who seemed to not be able to do it consistently unless I made her read the rubric and look at her work with me beside her. However, this isn't more parental involvement than supervising ps homework and it's less than buying the supplies for a project.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you chiguirre, that is music to my ears!!!!

She is self studying Foerster and doing very well. She is a very compliant, self disciplined kid.

I am so excited to see how much she grows with this class. She is a reluctant writer now and there is not enough writing instruction with public school.