Menu

My knuckleheaded kid.,..

fairfarmhand

I posted this on one of the social groups, but I wanted to share it here too. You all have heard about my intense kid. I've done plenty of complaining, whining, and venting about her. Now I want to share about the last two weeks.

My fil has cancer and is not doing well at all. We went last week to help out; we took him to treatments, worked at the house and just generally did what needed to be done.

My intense kid has been a rock during the past 2 difficult weeks. She helped her granddad when he was vomiting after a radiation treatment, got him tissues and water. Stayed right there while I went to get the car, hefted the wheelchair in and out of the car. She didn't bat an eye when we went into the urologist office, although she did kind of joke about the diagrams on the wall with her granddad. :) She was so strong and so amazing.

So that well of intensity and strength has been so amazing in the past few days. I see that she's learning to use it for good and not evil and using her intensity to serve others.

And then we came back and she fell apart screaming and crying over having to swat bumblebees in the barn. :) It was a combination of stress, worry, PMS, and just the effort of holding it all together for her Pops.

:)

I post this as an inspiration for those of you in the trenches with your challenging kids. Stick to it. One day, they will amaze you with their strength.

• Like 28