Menu

Possiby adding a new student to my little homeschool

My DSS and his wife have had their 5 year old in a private school for K4 and K5. Her father worked there, and they recieved free tuition. He no longer works there, and they cannot afford the tuition to send him back next year. I have offered to homeschool him so he doesn't have to go to ps. They are thinking about it. There are a few reasons why they may choose not to so my feelings will not be hurt if they opt not to accept my offer, but I really hope they do.

So my plans for 1st grade (which I have never taught since my girls started homeschooling in 2nd, 3rd, and 6th) are...

MM1

WWE1

ETC1&2

SotW1

Magic School Bus books, DVDS, & kits

Recorder

Good Books

He already reads so I just need to reinforce phonics not teach them. Am I covering all the bases? I plan to throw in some field trips and art projects here and there as they fit in. I am hoping to get all seat work done within 1-2 hours a day. Since I don't start with my girls until 10, he'll get the 8-10 slot. I do plan to add in grammar and spelling in 2nd grade.

Check what subjects have been covered at his school, they'll likely want most of them.

You don't have art listed as a regular thing, I'm not sure how often random art projects fit in at your house, at mine they don't.  ;)  Therefore art is a regular thing.