Menu

Reasonable Accommodation for Testing?

I was also told that officially it's time and a half but it can depend on the disability

Our disability director told us if kids use their testing space for their extra time, they are more flexible. The reason is that they understand extra time comes with its own problems, especially fatigue. In the disability office, it is fine with them if kids have to take a break from test taking to rest their eyes, give their mind a break, perhaps have a snack, etc.

• Like 2

I have heard a lot of people get time and a half.  I don't know how "reasonable" that is, but several have mentioned that was what they were given.

Time and a half is the standard for extra time on the ACT. The SAT didn't have a standard.

If you don't know how much time he needs, I would try telling him it untimed, but time him to find out how much "extra" time he used. This would work for my dd, but in truth, ds will take all the time given and it is hard to get him to quit on a test if there is a single answer he is unsure of and there typically are on standardized tests. If you have a perfectionist like mine, I'd just set time and a half or double time and see how it goes, then make adjustments the next time.

• Like 1