Menu

Questions about Hands on Equations...

I have used Hands On Equations and like it very much. It is a wonderfully concrete way to help a student understand that whatever one does to one side of an equation, the same thing needs to happen to the other side of the equation in order to keep the sides equal. Be aware that it is not a full Algebra program. It is a supplement to more traditional pre-algebra or algebra I curriculum materials.

As for the cost, the $70 set includes the $35 set plus a DVD and the introductory verbal problems workbook. I have only used the basic set, because when I purchased it, the DVD and workbook were not available.

• Like 1

I used the basic set when my kids were younger, and now am using both that and the verbal problems book with my 8th grader who struggles with problem solving.  I like both.  The basic set doesn't take very long to get through, and the verbal problems gives practice in applying what they learned to various word problems. 

• Like 1