Menu

I thought we could have a thread in which we post links to the FRQs from the 2015 AP tests.  That way we can get access to them without any additional waiting and grill our DC on what they missed got right.

I'll pull all the links up to this post for easy access.

2015 AP Art History Image-Based MCs and FRQs

2015 AP Biology FRQs

2015 AP Calculus AB FRQs

2015 AP Calculus BC FRQs

2015 AP Chemistry FRQs

2015 AP Chinese Language and Culture FRQs   2015 AP Chinese Audio Prompts

2015 AP Comparative Government and Politics FRQs

2015 AP Computer Science A FRQs  I also posted unofficial answers to the 2015 AP Computer Science A FRQs here.

2015 AP English Literature and Composition FRQs

2015 AP English Language and Composition FRQs

2015 AP Environmental Science FRQs

2015 AP European History FRQs

2015 AP French Language and Culture FRQs  2015 AP French Audio Scripts  2015 AP French Audio Prompts

2015 AP German Language and Culture FRQs  2015 AP German Audio Scripts  2015 AP German Audio Prompts

2015 AP Human Geography FRQs

2015 AP Italian Language and Culture FRQs  2015 AP Italian Audio Scripts  2015 AP Italian Audio Prompts

2015 AP Japanese Language and Culture FRQs  2015 AP Japanese Audio Prompts

2015 AP Latin FRQs

2015 AP Macroeconomics FRQs

2015 AP Microeconomics FRQs

2015 AP Music Theory FRQs  2015 AP Music Theory: Sight-Singing FRQs  2015 AP Music Theory Audio Prompts

2015 AP Physics 1: Algebra-based FRQs

2015 AP Physics 2: Algebra-based FRQs

2015 AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism FRQs

2015 AP Physics C: Mechanics FRQs

2015 AP Psychology FRQs

2015 AP Seminar End-of-Course Exam Questions and Sources

2015 AP Spanish Language and Culture FRQs  2015 AP Spanish Audio Scripts

2015 AP Spanish Literature and Culture FRQs

2015 AP Statistics FRQs

2015 AP United States Government and Politics FRQs

2015 AP United States History FRQs

2015 AP World History FRQs

• Like 3

Although I know you were trying to be helpful, Reg, I don't think posting these links is legal.  (Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, though. :) )  The College Board gets QUITE irate when their materials are made available on the Net outside of their site.  I would encourage you to ask the mods to remove this thread so that SWB doesn't end up, indirectly, in trouble.

Although I know you were trying to be helpful, Reg, I don't think posting these links is legal.  (Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, though. :) )  The College Board gets QUITE irate when their materials are made available on the Net outside of their site.  I would encourage you to ask the mods to remove this thread so that SWB doesn't end up, indirectly, in trouble.

The materials are NOT being made available outside of their site.  These links all go directly to the College Board.

The materials are NOT being made available outside of their site.  These links all go directly to the College Board.

I may be missing something here, but if I go to the actual Chemistry page on the CB site, I only see links for FRQ's that are prior to 2014.

The page you linked is a pdf that belongs to the CB, but is not from their site, no?  This makes me think someone wrongly posted that pdf and that it came from the secured part of the Chemistry Teacher's Community?

What do you think, Dicentra? 

If I can see the actual page from which the pdf link comes from, I'd feel better for SWB's security.

These are the same links tweeted by the College Board this week (I'm such a geek--I read them all :lol:)

So they are okay? Oh thank goodness, I was having a panic attack. Why aren't the links in the usual places? They are "Tweeted?"

Oh honey, that is geeky.

RegGueert, my apologies. Where have you been man? I haven't "seen" you in ages.

This makes me think someone wrongly posted that pdf and that it came from the secured part of the Chemistry Teacher's Community?

DS17 took the AP Chemistry exam Monday and he was told that the FRQs would be available in a few days' time.  Given that Luckymama is getting these links tweeted directly to her from the College board, I don't think there is any mistake.

I say we get out there and make our students who thought the APs were over miserable all over again! :thumbup1:

• Like 2

You can find the links on AP Central as they're made available. Go to each Course Home Page and look for a link with exam info. The 2015 FRQs for each exam usually appear a day or two after the exam has been given. Totally public & OK.

Here's the 2015 Chem exam page. The link to the 2015 FRQs opens a pdf file with the same URL as Reg posted.

• Like 5

You can find the links on AP Central as they're made available. Go to each Course Home Page and look for a link with exam info. The 2015 FRQs for each exam usually appear a day or two after the exam has been given. Totally public & OK.

Here's the 2015 Chem exam page. The link to the 2015 FRQs opens a pdf file with the same URL as Reg posted.

Kathy, thanks. Sometimes that site makes me nuts. The page I pulled up was similar, but with no 2014 or 2015 questions.

Now, I know what I did.  That was the old page, prior to the revision. :tongue_smilie:

• Like 4

Mea culpa. :)  Because the links were PDF links, it gave me a moment's pause.  I was thinking back to the massive battle that occurred a number of years ago between a retired AP Chem teacher and the College Board over the sharing of FRQ on a site other than the CB site.

Again, my apologies. :)  As long as SWB isn't in any danger of having her wrist slapped, then all is good. :)

• Like 5

Sometimes that site makes me nuts.

Sometimes? :huh:

The main reason I posted these links is that I was surprised they were available so soon.  I'm a firm believer that if I'm not aware of something, there's a good chance I'm not the only one.

For those of us with other students likely to take these same tests in the future, a debriefing with them before the forget EVERYTHING should help to detect any weaknesses we have in our teaching approach so that possibly we can address them next time around.

But that all depends on the students *actually* talking to us about these questions.  DS17 is likely to simply say he is done and is not interested in discussing Chemistry ever again in his entire life! :glare:   That's O.K.  DD22 (who knows Chemistry) will be here tomorrow and she can engage him in a meaningful way while extracting useful information from him...hopefully!

• Like 3

I am sure Sailor Dude will thank you from the very bottom of his heart after I go grill him on how he answered the questions. But then again, since he still has three more tests, maybe I won't. :tongue_smilie:

• Like 3

I am sure Sailor Dude will thank you from the very bottom of his heart after I go grill him on how he answered the questions.

That's the spirit!!

But then again, since he still has three more tests, maybe I won't. :tongue_smilie:

What a nice Mom! :001_smile:

For anyone interested - the FRQ's, etc given over here are different than the ones they've posted online.

(I'm not sure how many different forms there are now. Before there used to just be the main form and Form B - now they don't label them. )

For those whose syllabus got accepted for the Audit of an AP course

the FRQ's in the recent full exams you have access to are different than the FRQ's posted for the public on the CB website at least for the course I could check. The other foreign language didn't give access to any real exams (with a year)

• Like 1

For anyone interested - the FRQ's, etc given over here are different than the ones they've posted online.

I'm not sure what you are saying.  The FRQs linked in this thread ARE the ones the College Board has posted online.  They are also the same FRQs which were administered to the students this week.  I verified with DS17 that the FRQs linked for Chemistry are the exact questions which he answered on Monday.

For those whose syllabus got accepted for the Audit of an AP course

the FRQ's in the recent full exams you have access to are different than the FRQ's posted for the public on the CB website at least for the course I could check. The other foreign language didn't give access to any real exams (with a year)

Agreed, these FRQs are not the ones provided for those of us who got our syllabi approved.  Those were practice tests.  These are the actual FRQs which were administered by the College Board this week.

I'm not sure what you are saying.  The FRQs linked in this thread ARE the ones the College Board has posted online.  They are also the same FRQs which were administered to the students this week.  I verified with DS17 that the FRQs linked for Chemistry are the exact questions which he answered on Monday.

Agreed, these FRQs are not the ones provided for those of us who got our syllabi approved.  Those were practice tests.  These are the actual FRQs which were administered by the College Board this week.

We are overseas and they give a different test - I'm not sure how many different tests there are depending on the time zones...

If you compare what they say is the 2014 test given to auditors (which is supposedly the test given in 2014 as it has the MC's) with the 2014 FRQ's that are posted for the public, you will see they are different. But it might be they are using the 2014 test that was given overseas or the test that is given as a makeup test, which is also different I believe.

ETA 2 - this was a good way to get more practice of the recent FRQ's...

ETA - my dd checked both Calc and Chem FRQ's and they were different that what she got as FRQ's this week. We're 6 hrs east of the East Coast.

• Like 2

The Environmenta Science and Caculus ones are the same as the U.S. exams from this week.

I'm not sure what you are saying. The FRQs linked in this thread ARE the ones the College Board has posted online. They are also the same FRQs which were administered to the students this week. I verified with DS17 that the FRQs linked for Chemistry are the exact questions which he answered on Monday.

Agreed, these FRQs are not the ones provided for those of us who got our syllabi approved. Those were practice tests. These are the actual FRQs which were administered by the College Board this week.

We are overseas and they give a different test - I'm not sure how many different tests there are depending on the time zones...

O.K.  Thanks for the explanation.  When you said "here" in your previous post I thought you meant "in this thread".  I see now that you mean "in Europe".

If you compare what they say is the 2014 test given to auditors (which is supposedly the test given in 2014 as it has the MC's) with the 2014 FRQ's that are posted for the public, you will see they are different. But it might be they are using the 2014 test that was given overseas or the test that is given as a makeup test, which is also different I believe.

One of the courses we had approved this year was Computer Science A.  The practice exam provided could not have been identical to any previous year since the exam had some changes this year.  With Chemistry, we actually got two practice exams.  One was the practice exam that they gave out last year, which was also a changeover year.  Perhaps the other one was a test from 2014 in either the U.S. or Europe.  I'll see if I can figure that out.

ETA - my dd checked both Calc and Chem FRQ's and they were different that what she got as FRQ's this week. We're 6 hrs east of the East Coast.

Interesting.  So do your FRQs get posted somewhere on another site in Europe or do they simply not get posted?

ETA 2 - this was a good way to get more practice of the recent FRQ's...

That's good!  I'm wondering if there is a way for us to get access to the FRQs which were administered in Europe.

1. One of the courses we had approved this year was Computer Science A.  The practice exam provided could not have been identical to any previous year since the exam had some changes this year.  With Chemistry, we actually got two practice exams.  One was the practice exam that they gave out last year, which was also a changeover year.  Perhaps the other one was a test from 2014 in either the U.S. or Europe.  I'll see if I can figure that out.

2. Interesting.  So do your FRQs get posted somewhere on another site in Europe or do they simply not get posted?

3. That's good!  I'm wondering if there is a way for us to get access to the FRQs which were administered in Europe.

1. If there's no "year" listed on the exam given to the "Auditors", then I think it's one that wasn't actually given - or a combination of ones that were, or perhaps some other specially prepared questions?...For the one AP course we have, we had access to one "no year listed" and "2013" and "2014" and before that some others for previous dc, but I wasn't downloading them every year...It wasn't an exam that was recently changed.

For the other AP course we have, it was recently changed so they gave out a "no year" one but now I can't see any - even though I kept renewing...I can't remember but it seems like they gave two - a no year and one from the previous year...

2. There is no other site that I know of

3. You could ask students who took the exam in Europe :-) (I'm thinking that there must be even other questions for the "Make up" exam which is given a week later, and then questions for Asia - there are AP students all over the world...Dd didn't take AP CS...or were you interested in others? and then is this ok to do?

Wow!  When they said 48 hours, they meant it!  (I expected them to take the weekend off...)

Computer Science A currrently has a bad link---I hope it will be fixed sooon.

The one I was the most interested in, too!  :sad:  I posted the link from their webpage, as it looks correct.  I guess the file just didn't make it yet.  Please let me know if/when it shows up.

Thanks to Luckymama for keeping up with all this! :thumbup1:

This isn't what I expected from APUSH. I'd stopped reading updates when I chose to do Euro this year. But I didn't expect to see so few documents in the DBQ. The difference of writing one essay and several short answer responses instead of two essays is also interesting.

The short answer questions didn't seem college level to me. But maybe the scoring guidelines will specify higher level responses than I'm picturing.

• Like 1

Thanks, Kathy!  Fixed!

I wonder what is special about CS A that it gets a different type of link...

If I get a chance, I think I will try this part of the exam myself and see how it goes.  (I took the course that DS17 gave this year.)

This isn't what I expected from APUSH. I'd stopped reading updates when I chose to do Euro this year. But I didn't expect to see so few documents in the DBQ. The difference of writing one essay and several short answer responses instead of two essays is also interesting.

The short answer questions didn't seem college level to me. But maybe the scoring guidelines will specify higher level responses than I'm picturing.

There is a general concern that the rubrics will reward essays that hit the "checklists," but that are not truly well-thought out, well-supported, college-level essay responses.

You should read the updates. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks for today's batch!

That first link for Music Theory did not work, so I tried the same changes to the URL that Kathy in Richmond provided for Computer Science A and it worked:

http://media.collegeboard.com/digitalServices/pdf/ap/ap15_frq_music_theory.pdf

All are posted in the OP above.

• Like 2