Menu

Costco sheets and towels

KungFuPanda

Sometimes you people make me spend money. This time, however, I am so happy with my purchases. I've been grabbing a few costco towels each time I go to replace our aging collection. I like to use things until they die, so you can imagine how my towels look. I've had them longer than I've been a mother and my kids are teenagers. The new towels are everyone's favorite.

On my last trip I bought The Sheets. I'm going to bed earlier to get under them sooner. I love them. Soft, cotton, perfect. You must know that my old sheets where either 20 years old and wearing thin OR only 4-5 years old and some crap brand that didn't hold up well. These new sheets were less than $50 and came with FOUR pillowcases (2 printed and two solid). This is important because we are not decorative sham people. We use ALL of our pillows and I like the cases to coordinate.

I would provide a link, but I'm not seeing these particular sheets on the website. They're a pale blue paisley print. Anyway, thanks for brainwashing me into looking at the Costco linens :-)

ETA: For those just looking now, this thread is a few weeks old and the brand name of the sheets is Raymond Waites :-)

• Like 13

Oh,and FYI, the shampoo and conditioner Kirkland has is really nice too. It might be too heavy/conditioning for thin/fine hair, but it's a moisturizing, sulphate free, nicely lathering set that I am in love with. Supposedly it's a knockoff of Pureology.

• Like 4

See, I WANTED to provide a link, but couldn't find one. I hate to tease like that. I KNOW I spend $40-50. Also, the package is squarish and the pillowcases look like little bricks on top so that you can see the print and the solid color. I think there was a separate zipper in the packaging to access the pillowcases. They have four pillowcases in the queen set, which I find a tad unusual but wonderful. And, like I said, pale blue and paisley. I'll try to remember to get a photo on my next trip.

Full disclosure: I've only washed these sheets once, so I have no idea how they hold up long-term.

• Like 2

<Pout> They haven't even poured the footing for the closest Costco yet. And I don't know where the others are. At least now I know exactly where the new one will be - they finally cleared the land.

Would it be unnecessarily mean to point out that I live between two Ikeas?

• Like 7

Has someone out there been using these sheets for a while?  I bought new sheets 18 months ago for a new bed size in our house and they have already completely fallen apart.  I need something that I can count on lasting through at least two moves!

I have sheets from Costco for years now. I have given them as gifts to my married kiddoes and they all love them.we all love them. The price is amazing for the quality. However Mine are not a Kirkland brand, and I don't have printed pillowcases.

If you happen to get a set you don't love or they don't hold up well for you, return them.

I have Costco towels as well. They hold up incredibly well.

• Like 1

Costco ... . . . Costco . . ... you know you want to . . . . Costco . . . . .

the towels are great. lots of colors.  I've been happy with my sheet set which I've had for at least five years.  I do need to get another set - I like to have at least two.  (the elastic in my other set died.)

and I buy my down comforters and pillows there as well.

I like Kirkland luggage too.  they do a knockoff of tumi.

eta: I always laugh at the names. I am in Costco territory.  we've been members since they opened in Nov 83 with one store.   I grew up in Kirkland.  my eye dr was in bear creek.

Has someone out there been using these sheets for a while? I bought new sheets 18 months ago for a new bed size in our house and they have already completely fallen apart. I need something that I can count on lasting through at least two moves!

We've used costco sheets for many years. Ours have held up.

By many, we have one set that's more than eleven years old. We have a few other sets that are newer, in the 5-6 year range. :)

• Like 2

Would it be unnecessarily mean to point out that I live between two Ikeas?

I live between 3 Ikeas and 2 Costcoes (is that spelled right?). Tomorrow I am joining Costco finally. It is 16 miles away, which in New Jersey that could translate to 1 hour, but I believe they have enough there to make it worth it. There is a rumor that they are going to be building one closer, but I have no idea when that will happen. My cousin's boyfriend works at the corporate offices, maybe I should ask her. 😄😄

• Like 1

I live between 3 Ikeas and 2 Costcoes (is that spelled right?). Tomorrow I am joining Costco finally. It is 16 miles away, which in New Jersey that could translate to 1 hour, but I believe they have enough there to make it worth it. There is a rumor that they are going to be building one closer, but I have no idea when that will happen. My cousin's boyfriend works at the corporate offices, maybe I should ask her. 😄😄

If I want to drive an HOUR I could get to another Ikea and a few more Costcos, but I'm not about that life. I tend to avoid sitting in the car for more than twenty minutes. Anything longer than that is an Excursion. I have an "excursion" this evening and I'm currently scheming to get my friend to drive.

We've had our Costco sheets for about 2 years now and they are far and away the best ones I've ever bought. Can't really link because not all Costcos will have the same item.  We bought the best pillow there last year in VA, but they don't have them at the on here in TN.  

I still have Costco towels from college, 20+ years ago. They've held up well. No holes, no frays, no loose threads, just a faded tag and they're a bit thinner. I assume that's from losing little bits in the wash and dry over time.

Oh,and FYI, the shampoo and conditioner Kirkland has is really nice too. It might be too heavy/conditioning for thin/fine hair, but it's a moisturizing, sulphate free, nicely lathering set that I am in love with. Supposedly it's a knockoff of Pureology.

I agree. I was just thinking about that this morning. My hair used to be dry and frizzy. Now it is soft and strong.

I just bought the towels when my Costco had them marked down under $5. I bought some this spring that I like better. They are bigger and thicker. I don't know if Costco still has the big towels.

OK, when the Costco FINALLY opens near me, prob this fall or winter, I will join.  I will buy sheets and towels and obviously, I will love them until the end of days.

And then I will pray (not really) that they will build another Ikea in this state.  One that I can actually drive to, shop and make it home all in one day without being exhausted.

• Like 1

See, I WANTED to provide a link, but couldn't find one. I hate to tease like that. I KNOW I spend $40-50. Also, the package is squarish and the pillowcases look like little bricks on top so that you can see the print and the solid color. I think there was a separate zipper in the packaging to access the pillowcases. They have four pillowcases in the queen set, which I find a tad unusual but wonderful. And, like I said, pale blue and paisley. I'll try to remember to get a photo on my next trip.

Full disclosure: I've only washed these sheets once, so I have no idea how they hold up long-term.

These sounds like the sheets we bought from Costco.  Ours are a light green paisley, but I remember seeing blue too.  There are 4 pillowcases in the queen set - 2 the same print as the sheets, 2 plain green.   Since we both use 2 pillows, it is so nice to have enough pillowcases! 

We've had them for a few years now. I like them a lot.  They are holding up well.

We also have some sheets from IKEA.  I don't remember their name, but they are quite soft.  They're fine except the fitted sheet seems to stretch after a few days and become quite loose. I don't just mean loose around the elastic.  Just... loose and lumpy. They fit well right after washing.  Anyway, it's not a big problem but the Costco sheets are nicer.

We have Costco sheets.  They've been awesome.  Dh has restless legs and has been known to rub holes in sheets over night (through a brand new Target brand set!!).  So far, these have held up to his night-time marching.  I think I've had them for around a year.

• Like 1

OK, when the Costco FINALLY opens near me, prob this fall or winter, I will join.  I will buy sheets and towels and obviously, I will love them until the end of days.

And then I will pray (not really) that they will build another Ikea in this state.  One that I can actually drive to, shop and make it home all in one day without being exhausted.

Check the locations online - It takes me maybe 20 minutes to get to the Costco that is closest to us.  I'm pretty sure we are in the same city after having met you at our WTM get together a few years ago.

When I first moved here, I thought it was mean joke when I found the Ikea ad in the mail with the local sale/coupon flyers only to discover it was 3 hours away!

As far as towels - I have the bulk white towels and wash cloths from Costco - love them too.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Costco today and ended up getting a queen white sheet set. It's just Kirkland brand sateen, 540 thread count. It was right next to Charisma brand which I got a couple of years ago, but that fitted sheet now has holes were dh's calves rub over them. We'll see if these last longer--they do have a higher thread count. I would go with something NOT sateen if I could find it. At least these are fairly inexpensive.

We replaced all of our beach towels with their resort towels last summer. They are awesome. I have 2 different sets of Costco sheets that I have had for 3-4 years, and they are holding up well. 

I'm buying 1 beach towel every trip, and replacing all our ours too. They are so nice! I don't want to let the kids use them haha!!

Bought those sheets yesterday, washed them, and they don't fit our bed! DH managed to wrestle them on, but they are really too small. Going to try taking them back, Costco is generally really good about satisfaction or your money back. 

Edited to Add: I'm an idiot. They didn't fit because I bought the wrong size!

I've returned them (Costco was fine with it) and got the right size. They fit fine, and look nice. I'd prefer they be softer but they seem good quality and I like that there are 4 pillowcases.

• Like 1

Costco will definitely take them back.

I prefer the sateen sheet set I bought several years ago personally- I have the blue paisley too.  The elastic gave out on the sateen but they lasted quite a while and I still use them anyway.

Yes, they did take them back, and I got the right size, lol! 

• Like 1