Menu

Science book with history of science and experiments

aelllc

I don't know anything about reader's digest. (At least I have not read one in years ). Anyhow, you may like the Story of Science by Joy Hakim or Science in the Beginning by Jay Wiles. I believe he has another one called Science in Ancient Times. Another option may be from Guest Hollow website. she may not have done until fall though.

I have not used any of the books,mentioned above, but have it on my radar for history of science.

Hth and good luck.

Yes, Hakim's Story of Science would fit the bill.  There are Quest guides for the first two books - basically student and teacher's manuals that include some labs, experiments, activities, worksheets, etc.  Some of the activities are awesome, some are kind of busywork. It is designed for a classroom setting but can be adapted.

Yes, Hakim's Story of Science would fit the bill.  There are Quest guides for the first two books - basically student and teacher's manuals that include some labs, experiments, activities, worksheets, etc.  Some of the activities are awesome, some are kind of busywork. It is designed for a classroom setting but can be adapted.

I will add one caveat: unless your child is gifted, I think it is more of a grade 6-8 curriculum. I bought it last year with hopes of using it with my then 4th grader and soon realized that I was going to need to shelve it for a couple of years. 

• Like 1

I will add one caveat: unless your child is gifted, I think it is more of a grade 6-8 curriculum. I bought it last year with hopes of using it with my then 4th grader and soon realized that I was going to need to shelve it for a couple of years. 

Oh yeah, I totally agree.  6th-8th grade for sure. Thanks for adding that.