Menu

If you used BJU Science.....

Mom28kds

What books did you actually use? Did you need the teacher's manual, tests etc? What all did you feel was necessary? This is an expensive curriculum but the Science looks like what I've been looking for. I will have a 3rd, 4th, and 5th grader but thinking about doing the 4th grade book with all 3. My 5th grader will be coming from PS so I'm not sure what all he's learned. 

I taught the BJU life science and physical science in 7th and 8th grade to a classroom. I didn't have the tests available to me, so I made up my own questions, which I think is better IMO. I recommend the teacher's manual and student text since, assuming the teacher's manual has the scripture references, field trip ideas, and experiment ideas. I don't think you need anything but those two items to have a great curriculum. I agree, you could combine your children in the 4th grade, but Life Science for 7th grade is great. You could probably even just order teaching text and call it a day if you really wanted to cut costs. Check homeschool classifieds for cheap versions.

• Like 1