Menu

Natural resources/ sustainability curriculum

mominbc

Check with your state department of conservation and/or your local zoo. Many have curriculum that they distribute to classroom teachers. Home schoolers aren't always aware of these.

ETA just realized you might be in Canada, so your government conservation agencies might be structured differently.

Project Wild and Project Learning Tree-check with local nature centers, parks agencies, etc. It's usually a minimum cost to take the workshop ($20 or so for a 2 day workshop) and you get the complete curriculum there. There's also Project WET and Aquatic Wild. I don't know if they go into Canada or not, but they're great. I'm actually planning to see if DD can take them next time they're offered, because she uses my books a lot in planning activities for her educational programs, and I think that she'd benefit from the teacher training.

Project Wild and Project Learning Tree-check with local nature centers, parks agencies, etc. It's usually a minimum cost to take the workshop ($20 or so for a 2 day workshop) and you get the complete curriculum there. There's also Project WET and Aquatic Wild. I don't know if they go into Canada or not, but they're great. I'm actually planning to see if DD can take them next time they're offered, because she uses my books a lot in planning activities for her educational programs, and I think that she'd benefit from the teacher training.

Flying WILD is another in this set.