Menu

Exercise Thread ~ May 3 - May 9

Negin

I haven't posted in a while, but yesterday I ran/walk a very slow 5k that was supposed to be my half marathon. First trimester exhaustion and half training did not mix well for me. It was still a beautiful day in my most favorite place to run, complete with a bald eagle perched in a tree about 3/4 of a mile into the course.

Right now I'm trying to talk myself into getting up from my very comfortable king-size hotel bed to go for a walk to stretch my sore muscles.

• Like 11

I haven't posted in a while, but yesterday I ran/walk a very slow 5k that was supposed to be my half marathon. First trimester exhaustion and half training did not mix well for me. It was still a beautiful day in my most favorite place to run, complete with a bald eagle perched in a tree about 3/4 of a mile into the course.

Right now I'm trying to talk myself into getting up from my very comfortable king-size hotel bed to go for a walk to stretch my sore muscles.

Congratulations on both the 5k and especially the baby! :hurray:

• Like 3

I ran 3 miles on Saturday and 4 miles today.  I'm hoping to have a mini running streak.  Maybe 5 days in a row? Tuesday will be the hard day to get it in.  But maybe I can get back to some sort of normal schedule with my workouts.  I've been lucky to hit 3 or 4 days a week, and it's taking a toll on me emotionally.  You really get used to having that time and your body gets used to being able to work out all of that stress. 

• Like 7

Hey all, back from 2 nights and 3 days of camping, lots and lots of walking/hiking for me, mixed with running and go, go, going. Yesterday I even managed a session of yoga/stretching/mutu in the am in the grass to the sunrise before everyone got up and going. Today we broke camp and I came home and crashed, I didn't sleep well- hormones it seems- and with all the busyness and adrenaline from the stress of it all (myself and another girl were in charge of everything and this was our first time doing it on our own) and my body needs a break. *hoping* that I sleep well tonight and can get back at it tomorrow. 1 more week until vacation but now that the camping trip is out of the way I can focus on planning my own :) 

May due a low key walk this evening. Oh, and I did do some Mutu this morning as well, have a couple exercises left to do.

• Like 7

Managed a bit of walking yesterday evening after a nap when I felt a bit human again.....

Slept a zillion times better last night, still not quite enough but I wasn't awake in the night. I always have that 3 days of insomnia before my period but now, still no period. I forgot to stop my progesterone when I was supposed to and I think it delayed it. In other news I'm taking a pregnancy test today to rule that out. I think it is just whacked hormones but I need to know because I'm real late and before I sign up for YTT or go on vacation I want to have that ruled out, 'cause it is stressing me out, and I don't need anymore stress right now!!!

Today- light stretching/yoga this am, my body and mind need easy today!!!!!!, Mutu, walk I'm sure- the weather is gorgeous

Will miss Yoga tonight have a banquet and I have to be there early.

• Like 7

Many, many congratulations on the race and the baby. I think managing anything at all with pregnancy tiredness is great!

Elliptical this morning for 5 miles. Plan on yoga later. I need to drive 11 yo did to Stanford testing for 3 days. She had yet another headache, probably from getting too tired on a camping trip this weekend and ballet recital week so rehearsal every night for 7 yo. Oh, and the normal Monday Boy Scout meeting and dh is working evenings. -sigh- am I the only mom looking forward to the end of school?

• Like 6

Elliptical this morning for 5 miles. Plan on yoga later. I need to drive 11 yo did to Stanford testing for 3 days. She had yet another headache, probably from getting too tired on a camping trip this weekend and ballet recital week so rehearsal every night for 7 yo. Oh, and the normal Monday Boy Scout meeting and dh is working evenings. -sigh- am I the only mom looking forward to the end of school?

ME! We have recital coming up this weekend too and the end of our hs group event, which I'm not planning, cause we leave in a week for a 2 week vacation and that alone is enough to plan!!! Ready to relax!

• Like 4

4 mile run this morning.  I've been going through some tough things with my dd17, as well as with homeschooling in general, and it made this morning's run a bit harder.  I felt like stopping and crying for a while.  The park is so pretty this time of year.  It was nice to run through that and good to work out some of that stress.

We have a concert tonight then next weekend is recital weekend, with 4 of my kids having recitals.  I am also looking forward to our vacation in 2 weeks.  

• Like 7

Stressful dr visit w dd---referral to GI clinc at the children's hospital. I am thankful for the 100 minutes of exercise early today.

I may need to order many, many cubic yards of mulch to get through the month. The shoveling and wheelbarrowing is cathartic.

• Like 3

we are out of town and in a hotel but i woke up this morning and managed to make it to the gym downstairs.  i struggled with my run and only got 1 mile in.  my chest was aching and burning and i was terribly winded and i remembered...the elevation here is 6200 ft  no wonder.  i felt like a truck was dragging me backwards.  maybe tomorrow will be better.  i did end up getting all my stretches and hip exercises in.

• Like 7

Stressful dr visit w dd---referral to GI clinc at the children's hospital. I am thankful for the 100 minutes of exercise early today.

I may need to order many, many cubic yards of mulch to get through the month. The shoveling and wheelbarrowing is cathartic.

Go for the mulch!!  Hope the testing goes well.

Today- no sleep last night, co-op and martial arts followed by kettle bell tonight.  

Only one more week of school!!!!!!

• Like 6

Today is the day I go to my meeting for 200 hr YTT...... Nervous and excited

Yesterday- I did 25 min Restorative Yoga- 10 min Mutu- Short walk- lots of cleaning :)

Today's exercise plan- 60 min Yoga class and Mutu(getting ready to do this), otherwise lots of shopping and hanging out with my girlfriend, so looking forward to it!!!

(hugs) I hope you have answers soon, good answers!

4 mile run this morning.  I've been going through some tough things with my dd17, as well as with homeschooling in general, and it made this morning's run a bit harder.  I felt like stopping and crying for a while.  The park is so pretty this time of year.  It was nice to run through that and good to work out some of that stress.

We have a concert tonight then next weekend is recital weekend, with 4 of my kids having recitals.  I am also looking forward to our vacation in 2 weeks.  

(hugs) for you and your daughter :(

looks like there are lots of recitals coming up.

Day one of Insanity Max 30. I maxed out at 8:11 and lost my breakfast at 16:32. Can you tell I haven't done cardio in 2 months?

Goodness girl, stop at 8 minutes next time! Ease into it.

I don't want to talk about the weekend. It's behind me. 

Today was total body  

I've been not sleeping well the past few nights, and it's draining me. 

Are you doing ok? It seems you have been having a rough time of it lately?

• Like 6

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter.  Best wishes to you both.

Thank you for the reminder about the 'joy of mulch'.  I lost that joy last night and developed the 'crossness of mulch' instead, because:  mulching windbreaks as well as beds (not as planned); doing it with only very minor help (not as expected); tired.

But, you are right: there's a special joy in painting the garden brown....

Today: pouring with rain; will go to yoga, and walk the dog (because needs must).  ETA: 11,800 steps.

• Like 5

Yesterday I ripped out three more big bushes in my front yard. Today I will do the last one and then hopefully, the stump grinder guy can come this afternoon. Once he is done, I will move loads of mulch onto the area where the bushes were, and then plant a ton of perennials and other flowers.

This is my favorite time of year - I love working in the yard, and it's a good work out!

• Like 5

Yesterday I ripped out three more big bushes in my front yard. Today I will do the last one and then hopefully, the stump grinder guy can come this afternoon. Once he is done, I will move loads of mulch onto the area where the bushes were, and then plant a ton of perennials and other flowers.

This is my favorite time of year - I love working in the yard, and it's a good work out!

Hijack: what's your climate and what perennials are you thinking of?  I love hearing about things I can't grow where I am.....

• Like 2

Yesterday during Yoga Class we worked on arm balance and I was able to do 8 Limbed Staff Pose for the first time, although only on one side so far:

http://www.yogajournal.com/pose/eight-angle-pose/

and firefly with my legs straight this time!!!

http://www.yogajournal.com/article/advanced-poses/challenge-pose-4-steps-lift-firefly/

I was so psyched, I love it when I'm able to do something I wasn't able to before. I believe every muscle in my arms was sore, even ones I didn't know existed :) 

Met for the Yoga Teacher Training, was a good meeting, I'm still feeling positively about it, usually I start feeling anxious but not this time. However, I'm going to sit on a bit. I think I want to give it at least until I get back from vacation to make my decision. She said I had about 6 weeks or so. Slight monkey wrench.... my teacher here mentioned about possibly doing teacher training here but she hasn't done it before or started the process. so. Of course that would make it way easier on my, no need to go off and stay the night anywhere but there is the fact that it isn't established yet, not sure on how many people it would be going through it. I need to talk to her more....

Today's plan-

Yoga Class- pm

Mutu-am

Walk- if the rain holds, short one, dd seems to have an ear infection and I didn't get much sleep at all

• Like 5

Yesterday during Yoga Class we worked on arm balance and I was able to do 8 Limbed Staff Pose for the first time, although only on one side so far:

http://www.yogajournal.com/article/advanced-poses/challenge-pose-4-steps-lift-firefly/

I am so impressed!

• Like 1

I was so psyched, I love it when I'm able to do something I wasn't able to before. I believe every muscle in my arms was sore, even ones I didn't know existed :)

Wahoo on the new poses!  Training programs of any sort are hard to choose, on paper they may look great but the energy of the group makes such a difference.  

Btw, to do the eight angle pose do you have to have 3 feet like the picture?  Or are my eyes making things up?

Planned for the day: 4-6 mile walk.  Martial arts skill work, stretching, light kettle bell.

• Like 4

Flying by. I'm just gonna give everyone a Good Job :grouphug: Yesterday i hauled three loads of things from my garage to the town dumpster (1 week a year chance). I generally cleaned and organized and sneezed and choked in there for an hour and a half. Our "garage" is a giant cinderblock building that once housed a mechanics shop. It is not a nice, new attached suburban model. Anyway I worked hard enough that I counted it as exercise. I was gone all afternoon but squeezed in weights and yoga last night.  I've already been on an early run this morning because it's another *#%^@ long day out of the house today.  Everyone enjoy the day if possible and if it's not....I don't know, enjoy wine?

• Like 6

Wahoo on the new poses!  Training programs of any sort are hard to choose, on paper they may look great but the energy of the group makes such a difference.  

Btw, to do the eight angle pose do you have to have 3 feet like the picture?  Or are my eyes making things up?

Planned for the day: 4-6 mile walk.  Martial arts skill work, stretching, light kettle bell.

LOL, have you had coffee yet- I don't see 3 feet :)

• Like 1

Today I will go walking while dd takes her Arabic oral final. I'll also garden---how much, I'm not sure, as it poured overnight and the ground may be very spongey where I want to work.

(Dd has an appointment next week at the clinic. The lovely secretary found us a spot when the overall scheduler could only see June 3 :))

• Like 4

Today I will go walking while dd takes her Arabic oral final. I'll also garden---how much, I'm not sure, as it poured overnight and the ground may be very spongey where I want to work.

(Dd has an appointment next week at the clinic. The lovely secretary found us a spot when the overall scheduler could only see June 3 :))

Awesome news about the appt, prayers and good thoughts for you and your daughter.

• Like 2

Asked my family- they see three feet too. :lol:

Interesting article, not that I especially want a bigger butt, but I do want more explosive power in my sport.

Where is the 3rd foot at ? It is both feet crossed over to the side....... maybe it is like the white/purple dress....