Menu

nm

Hi Michele!!!!

So good to see you here! YES, YES, YES to strengths-based learning. Even for those of us who do spend some concentrated time on formal teaching of basic skills, we need to make sure our children have time to follow their passions and learn through participating in daily life. And YES again to seeing our children not as broken but as having a unique set of strengths and weaknesses. There are many different ways to target some of those weaknesses- especially executive function and processing of basic perceptual information.

I was just having this conversation with another mom tonight. We were talking about how well our sons are doing now as young adults and how important helping them to develop their talents has been to the process.

• Like 5

Thank you, Michele. 

You have no idea how often I've thought of you and wondered how you and your ds's were doing!

I only have one at home now and we've been having a tough time of it lately. I see it as a special blessing to me to be able to read your update today and get that important reminder that my dd is not her weaknesses, and that real learning will come from following her interests and not from checking off a list.

• Like 2

Thank you, Michele. 

You have no idea how often I've thought of you and wondered how you and your ds's were doing!

I only have one at home now and we've been having a tough time of it lately. I see it as a special blessing to me to be able to read your update today and get that important reminder that my dd is not her weaknesses, and that real learning will come from following her interests and not from checking off a list.

nm

• Like 2

Hi Michele- :seeya:

I saw your user name before I opened this thread, and I hoped it was really you. Like Tiramisu, I've also wondered how things were with you and was just thinking about you the other day. I'm glad you came back to share. How exciting! I'll add that all those activities sound exhausting to me, but it sounds like you're all doing what you love.