Menu

Do You Print Books?

I have a first generation Macbook Air 11 with Yosemite and a Brother 2340DW duplex printer and a cheap guillotine paper cutter. I've been altering my pdfs in Preview and then printing booklets from Adobe.

I've just been cutting the pages apart and then stapling them.

I have a huge margin, though. If the page can be read that small, I can trim off the extra paper and the books are super cute, but sometimes the text is too small.

Is anyone else here printing books?

Is there a way to reduce the margin in 1/2 page printing?

I do print some. I have found that (minus any copyright issues) it is cost effective and fairly simple to have them printed/bound.  lulu.com  does a nice job.  Shipping can be steep, but if you get the buy 3 get one free deal, it's not bad.

• Like 2

BookletCreator seems to work well on my Mac

http://bookletcreator.com

If you are printing batches to fold, the free version is just as good as the full version as 8 sheet bundles is what you are likely to be folding.

If you want to print a whole book to cut, the full version is $20.00.

It seems like a lot of money for something that appears to be available for free from Adobe, BUT if it WORKS... I'm still trying out the free version,

There are some vintage books I just really want to have neatly printed in half sized pages, and to be able to do it at home, immediately.