Menu

Has anyone used Great Courses as a substitute for Kolbe Academy high school theology or any other substitutes?

I am thinking about maybe using Kolbe for high school. Their diploma requires 4 years of theology and apparently you can substitute another theology class. I am wondering if anyone put together their class using Great Courses (The Teaching Company) which has several series on the Bible, Christianity, World Religions, etc. I appreciate any info and specifics as to how you did this.

When I was considering Kolbe, I was planning on using the Old Testament Survey and New Testament Survey from Open Yale. I figured they'd allow a full year of high school credit for each since they're meaty classes. If you aren't going for their Summa diploma, you only need 2 or 3 theology classes instead of 4, if I recall correctly. If you do Summa, it has to be their theology classes.

http://oyc.yale.edu/courses

(I didn't ditch the Kolbe idea because of the theology and I still look at them longingly, but they won't work for us).