Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Woo Hoo, TGIF!

I am trying to pull an all-nighter so I can cut down on my to-do list and the related stress.  So far so good, LOL.  I'm down to 299 items in my work inbox, and I hope to be able to bring that down by about 50 as well as completing about 10-15 accounting reports and reviewing 5 or so documents overnight.  I'm going to get in trouble if I don't make a serious dent in my work tonight and tomorrow.

The list:

• Work until 6:30am.  [done]
  • Work breaks for a little exercise & reading.  [done]
  • Kids up & out.  [done]
  • Clean bathrooms, kitchen, some clutter.  [done]
  • Make arrangements for Saturday horse riding - change in time.  [done]
  • Work until 4:15pm.
  • Work breaks for a little exercise, reading, housework, camp signups, personal paperwork.
  • Kids to gymnastics.  Work at the gym.
  • Dinner.
  • Watch Kung Fu with the kids.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work or fall asleep ??
  • Like 1

Good morning everyone! I hope you all are well and have had a good week!

SKL, you definitely need to make that last list choice sleep! I don't know how you do it!

We spent most of the week in Ohio but had to come back to Tennessee yesterday. My nephew had 13 grandmals in about 15 hours. He had to be hospitalized, so we came back to stay with him and give my sister a break.

I slept about 4 hours last night. When she gets here, I may go to her house and rest. I'll stay with him tonight, too.

Amy :grouphug: for your family!

Today is weird:

--help dd bake cookies

--make sure she eats multiple times

--buy new liptstick for dd

--put tarp out on driveway for mushroom soil delivery

--AP Human Geo practice test

--make sure dd finishes her paper

--drive dd to the theatre at 4:30 for warm-up

--start moving the soil into the remaining raised beds

--pick up dd and dh (he's working backstage today) at 9ish

• Like 2

Well, I got 9 emails out so far, so not as much as I was hoping, but better than nothing.  And I'm down to "only" 198 items in my inbox.  Hoping to stay on a roll and get a lot more done before I sleep.

The kids didn't have to run to the bus stop today.  It just keeps getting better!  ;)

• Like 1

:grouphug: Amy. You are a blessing to your sister.

We have a pretty regular day here. I have some things to do for school for the kids. Dd1 has two scheduled calls with coaches. She seems pretty relaxed about it (and I am trying to seem relaxed). She also has a ton of school work.

I plan to clean some and get life organized.

Meet this afternoon and all weekend long.

Have a great day!

• Like 2

Friday!!

I plan to mow the lawn today, for the first time this year, but I can't get the mower to start.  I want to be the kind of person who can figure out that kind of thing, but I'm just not.  I put gas in.  It didn't go.  That's all I've got.  I'm sure dh will get it to start on his first pull (which is just so irritating).  And now my hands smell like gas.

That really all I want to do this morning, but I do have a few other things I will need to work on:  

tidy up

laundry

sweep

tidy up car

quick bathroom clean up

drive dh to work after his am meeting

make sure dd gets to her job interview

go for a quick run

figure out car pool to meeting tonight

figure out volleyball game ride for ds

violin

something for dinner - either hamburgers on the grill or pizza

Have a great day!

I'm exhausted and in a rather bad mood. My children have been pushing the boundaries all week and I'm just over it. So today is about survival until dh gets home at 4:39.

- school

- pet sit on the way home

- drop stuff off at goodwill

- get sil a bridal shower gift

- withdraw money from bank

- get dinner made by 5

- quick clean my room

- kids quick clean their room

- everyone clean 15minutes downstairs together

- figure out what I'm wearing to bridal shower

- family game night!

- pet sit overnight with the baby

we have company coming over for lunch/afternoon.  So the kids cleaned bathrooms yesterday (woot!), and I did the dishes this morning.  The house looks tidy except for the school area.  Kids are almost done with school.  DS got a 94 on his algebra test!!!  And I have more coffee ready to drink.  
Today is awesome :)

• Like 1

What an afternoon! On the way to pet sit I was rear ended. Absolutely no damage on either vehicle so we both happily went our own ways without needing to do anything. 5 minutes later dh calls me asking if I have his car's most recent insurance card, the one he had expired 4 days ago, because he was rear ended! His car is likely totaled. No one was hurt. Luckily, it wasn't his fault so we should get it all taken care off with minimal hastle.

I think I managed to keep most of my clients halfway happy today.  ;)  Now that it is past 5pm, I can chill out a little.  It is so much less stressful to work when nobody else is sitting at their computer waiting for your stuff.

So now I am at the gym.  My kids haven't had this class for 3 weeks because of the broken toe, spring break, and illness.  It's been good to have a full week of normal activities.  :)

• Like 1

Please pray for dfil he's being taken to the ER for emergency surgery to drain an infection where a man really shouldn't have one. He's borderline diabetic and has had a heart attack and stroke and is only 55 years old.

:grouphug: I hope you have good news by now!