Menu

What are some mostly independent curricula, particularly writing programs, for 8th grade?

mindygz

I am interested in all types -- online classes with an instructor, DVDs, etc. 

If you have personal experience with any, please share. Also indicate whether it is secular, as I can only get reimbursed for secular programs. I would consider a non-secular one if the religious content was not too strong.

Thank you!

IEW has a DVD component. It is secular as far as I know; I didn't notice anything that isn't and will continue using it.

That said, I do think writing generally benefits from some hands on guidance, but the teaching aspect of IEW can be totally independent if you want it to be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions. I am using EiW with my 4th grader and it's going okay for him. I may have to look at the samples for the upper grades. From what I've seen, it doesn't look like a great fit for my daughter, but I could be wrong. 

I keep coming back to IEW...maybe it's the one to try. Anyone have anything else to recommend?