Menu

NME results?

Dmmetler

DD got silver. We also had three gold, two other silver, and a bronze in my little club, so I'm feeling pretty good :).  (And my 2 5 yr olds, who the ACL didn't know how to score didn't medal, but definitely have picked up a lot. )

DD's a little annoyed with herself, but her priority at the time was the IHS application, and I think that was the right call. She learned a lot more by doing the essays and cover letter, by contacting and talking to people about doing letters of recommendation, and simply by going through the process than she would have from reading D'Aulaires for the 18th time to pick up the one detail that she missed on this year's question bank.

• Like 2

Great job!  :thumbup:

Waiting for our results. They are scheduled to be delivered today.  :w00t:  Based on discussions between kids, we think there will be a few golds. DD#2 will probably get a silver, because she missed a question that was more geography than mythology, but she should have known it anyway.  :ohmy:  I think dd#3 & one other kid taking the test probably won't medal at all, but they are our youngest & it was dd#3's first try.

DD got a silver.  This was her first time doing the NME, so she was pretty excited about that!  Do they post the answers?  She only did the 30 question test, but tried the Theseus questions in the test booklet and wanted to find out how she did with those as well.

Johanna

To my knowledge, they don't post the answers. If you PM me, I'll send the answers my kids came up with for the Theseus questions later today.

We had nine kids take the test from our little homeschool group. Our two youngest kids (3rd & 4th grades) didn't medal. We had one bronze, three silver, and three gold medalists!

DD#2 already had a bronze (1st year) and a silver (2nd year), so she really wanted a gold this year, but she missed one - so has another silver. DD#1 got a gold for the first time & is really pumped about it.

Great job, everyone!

• Like 1

My twins took this for the first time and both medaled- though dd getting a gold and ds getting a bronze caused a little consternation and a few talks about good sportsmanship... But considering the fact that dd read and reread D'Aulaires non-stop and ds read it only twice, I think he did pretty well, considering!

• Like 1