Menu

Harmony Fine Arts World Geography & Cultures

I am planning on using Barb's World Geography & Cultures plans for my 9th grade daughter next year. If you haven't yet seen the syllabus, it is here: 

http://harmonyfinearts.org/2011/03/world-geography-for-high-school-harmony-art-moms-plans-to-download/

I'm curious if anyone else has used this and if so, what (if anything) did you add to it? There are quarterly mapping tests, but I was thinking of adding some other type of assessment.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm planning on using it this fall with two of mine, so our changes have no btdt experience. DD/10th wavered between HFA and Oak Meadow for awhile, but I'm sure she'll enjoy the varied resources more than another textbook.

We'll probably replace most of the movies with internet searching. I'm adding a multicultural reader for DD/10th. DS/7th will use HFA too, sans religions and the teens book, and adding a younger multicultural reader. I may yet add some fairy tales and myths from around the world for both of them.

I wasn't planning on adding more assessments. DS/7th gets the pass or do it again method, and I'll grade DD/10th on the quality of her work throughout the year.

• Like 1