Menu

My first 5K (and injured!)

DawnM

ARGH!

I started training/walking/jogging about a month ago now (?)   A friend asked if I would want to do a 5K mud run.  I agreed.

Apparently a mud run with 15 obstacles is a lot harder than a regular 5K  :tongue_smilie:

I tried to get over a 4' obstacle where you jump up (from a platform) and then jump over, with nothing on the other side, so you have to jump all the way to the ground.  My foot slipped and I landed right on my tailbone.

I am in a lot of pain, taking pain relievers, and not sitting a whole lot.

Dawn

• Like 1

Agree that's awesome that you did it! And it stinks that you got injured. Plan on taking it really easy for a really long time.

That is what I am afraid of!

I leave for a cruise in less than 2 weeks.  It is my first cruise and it is with my girlfriends.  I was really looking forward to some fun.

Aww, Dawn. That is too bad.

I hope you heal quickly and it doesn't impact your cruise!

Can you get one of those doughnut things to sit on?

I could.....although if I sit at the edge of a chair and sit leaning forward (against a table) it feels ok.  It is when I have to sit back, like on a sofa, that it hurts.

I am skipping church today because there is no way I can sit through a service like this.

I had a similar experience 2 weeks ago at my first mud run, though I slipped on a water bridge obstacle and messed up my calf/knee. I had to slide off the bridge and swim to the shore, and then pull out of the race. I've been to the orthopedist twice already and go again tomorrow. I am getting close to being able to walk normally. It's been a huge bummer!!

Hope you heal soon.

Ouch! I hope you heal soon.

I went down a slide with DS one time (side by side slides with "speed bumps"/"hills" in it). I caught air on the "hill" (maybe an inch - max) and injured my tailbone/coccyx area. It took more than a year to fully heal before I could sit comfortably in couch type furniture for any longer period of time. Transitions from sitting to standing and the reverse, as well as rolling over in bed were also painful.

I hope yours heals faster than mine!!