Menu

Kings/queens of England documentary-- suggestions?

You could have them learn the Willy, Willy, Harry, Ste... rhyme. Then they'll know them forever.

Sorry, I'm no help on documentaries. There's plenty more Horrible Histories though. I really like that Henry the Eighth song they have too:

Oh, great, now it's stuck in my head. Divorced, beheaded and died! Divorced, beheaded, survived...

• Like 3

You could have them learn the Willy, Willy, Harry, Ste... rhyme. Then they'll know them forever.

Sorry, I'm no help on documentaries. There's plenty more Horrible Histories though. I really like that Henry the Eighth song they have too:

Oh, great, now it's stuck in my head. Divorced, beheaded and died! Divorced, beheaded, survived...

Ha!  Thanks!

If it's not an updated version of Our Island Story, I would make sure to listen along with your children.  There were dated social and racial attitudes that I had to talk through with mine.

For a book that discusses traditional British tales from history (with a side-bar talking about whether there is any truth to them) I recommend Britannia, by McCaughrean.  It's not all about kings and queens though.

• Like 2