Menu

Stock Market Book/Game, etc.

Can someone please suggest a great book on the stock market? My son has been asking questions on stock, bonds, trading, etc. - things I know nothing about! 

We have looked at "The Stock Market Game" but can't make heads or tails of it. It looks like we have to be a part of a group working together. 

Thanks!

I have this one but we haven't used it yet:

http://www.amazon.com/Young-Investor-Projects-Activities-Making/dp/1569765464/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1429117392&sr=8-3&keywords=stock+market+for+kids

It looks good, and I believe I bought it for an Athena's course that we didn't end up being able to take.  But hoping to use it this summer (or if we are back home next fall, that Athena's offers the course again!).

What age is the child and what level of detail is needed?  These topics are complex and highly technical in nature.  There have literally been reams of pages written on these topics.

If only a superficial overview is needed, you can probably just read the investopedia entry and distill for him.  A more in-depth analysis would require strong comprehension skills (all topics), facility with algebra (all topics) and statistics (stocks if dividends are being studied, otherwise just bonds).  Also a passing familiarity with basic economics might be useful as background for the fundamental analysis discussions.

'Trading' is a very broad topic that could encompass just about anything related to financial markets.  Again an overview could be obtained via Google.

• Like 1