Menu

swallowing a pill...has this ever happened to you?

kfeusse

I took a apple cider vinegar pill (trying to ward off the stomach flu) and now I have this pain in the middle of my chest (under the breast bone)....almost like it got caught there or something.  It has been about 30 minutes and it still feels funny. It hurts, but not really but sort of.  I dont really know how to describe it.  It is just sort of weird.

Has this ever happened to you??

I've had it happen with food, like once a year or so. Worst is with corn chips - ouch! I always fix it simply by drinking copious amounts of water. Edit: Google suggests that warm water may work better.

Alternatively, I suppose you could try to make yourself vomit (yes, thank you Google), but really, I'd try to get it to go down before trying to bring it back up.

If you didn't drink enough water when you took the pill or if you were lying down right after you took it, it may have dissolved in the wrong place and burned your esophagus. I had it happen once with a doxycycline pill and it felt like I was having a heart attack.

Keep drinking, and before you go to bed, take some Tums or Gaviscon as well.

I hope you feel better soon!!!  :grouphug:

• Like 2

I never even thought about the acid reflux deal.   I actually have acid reflux and take a natural vitamin to keep it at bay...

the reason I was taking the ACV pill was that I read one thing you could try to keep the stomach flu at away (my hubby was sick Saturday night) is to take ACV...didn't have the liquid, so I tried the pills...and maybe I went over board....I am so flu phobic....and we have tons of plans coming up and getting sick isn't one of them....so I am doing everything in my power.

This morning I can still feel the pain, but not as bad...so I will see, I guess...how today goes....no more ACV though.

thanks.

I've had it happen. Once it took several days for the pain to subside. I now drink lots of water and try to stay upright after a pill. The worst pain I ever had was from a teeny tiny pill that I took right before bed.