Menu

DD is going to Honors Academy at UA this summer! Anyone else? xposted

Cross-posted to college board - dd just got her acceptance to Honors Academy at University of Alabama this summer!

Anyone else going? It looks like a great program. Bonus - she's always wanted to do sleep-away camp and never had the chance, so this will double for that  :thumbup1:

• Like 4

Congratulations to your daughter!

My son has applied to their engineering camp but we got a letter a while ago that said we will not know if he can go for sure until May.  I think it will be a great way to see if the school is a good fit  :001_smile: .

Congratulations to your daughter!

My son has applied to their engineering camp but we got a letter a while ago that said we will not know if he can go for sure until May.  I think it will be a great way to see if the school is a good fit  :001_smile: .

My dd would die of suspense! He should apply to honors camp, too - I think he can still just slide under the deadline. 

Thanks for posting about it--never heard of the program before. What a great opportunity!

Definitely worth noting on your high school calendar. It's really affordable, too, especially if you can drive them or send them on the train. 

I have heard really great things about it.  Hope she enjoys it.  Ds loves UA!  Roll Tide!!   :)

Is he going there? I know you have at least one engineer, right? 

It's funny, b/c we live deep in LSU country, but dd was completely oblivious to the sports rivalry, and didn't get why people were teasing her about Alabama. 

Is he going there? I know you have at least one engineer, right? 

It's funny, b/c we live deep in LSU country, but dd was completely oblivious to the sports rivalry, and didn't get why people were teasing her about Alabama. 

Yes, he is a freshman there.  He is currently triple majoring in physics, math, and EE.  He cannot imagine attending anywhere else.  He loves it that much.  :)

Yes, he is a freshman there.  He is currently triple majoring in physics, math, and EE.  He cannot imagine attending anywhere else.  He loves it that much.   :)

Cool, he'll still be there if dd winds up attending in 2016! She can wave to him over from the humanities building  :laugh:

That triple major sounds insane to me, but apparently it can be done. We met with the son of dh's cousin when we visited, and he's a junior triple majoring in math, finance, and economics (and he's done with math). 

It's great to hear that he loves it so much after nearly a year. dd loves it on paper and loved the campus visit, but it's easy to be dazzled. 

• 3 months later...