Menu

So, it's official.

DD knew she was going to school to work with language and educational issues with kids.

Last week she made the official switch to Clinical Psychology. Her goal is to diagnose, assess, and work with kids like her brother. She plans on specializing with dyslexia and impaired working memory. (She was my Barton tutor for a year and we've seen Susan speak twice now. )

Having her in the family might be a little like hitting the lottery, yeah? ;). Two years down, two to go, then onto grad school. Then we'll be apprised of all the research the Unicersity is working on in this area. Who is hoping to be their kid can be a guinea pig for programs? This girl.

• Like 12

Best of luck to her!

My oldest has aspired for several years to become a speech & language pathologist. She's been lobbying hard for me to switch my grad school plans from ed therapy to SLP and is talking about how we could have a clinic together (sweet idea but I'm dubious about going into business with a relative). I do think she's got a point about SLP being a better way for me to help youngest DD. However, I suspect a bigger driver on her part is wanting access to SLP textbooks and maybe being allowed to informally audit the classes I'd be taking. Brat!

• Like 4