Menu

Well, it only took until SM 4A,

but DS finally likes math! 

He's on a roll too.  We just started at the beginning of the month, and I just ordered 4B.  He LOVED equations and the order of operations chapters.  He really wants to get to algebra.  I really want him to get there because the deal I made with DH is that he would take over math at that point. :lol:

I really think I should have gotten him to this stuff a little sooner, but I didn't want to "rush to calculus."  I've decided to just keep going and not worry about holes because seeing him light up and actually be motivated has been the biggest breakthrough in homeschooling we've had.

Anyways, I just had to share my victory.  This is big for us, he's usually the kid that gets aggravated when something is challenging, and now he's welcoming it. :hurray:

• Like 13

Woohoo! Bring on the math! Loving math is much better than filling in the holes with drudgery and killing the spark. You can always fill in when you find problems...and who knows, he may actually want to fill in the holes if he loves the subject. 

• Like 1