Menu

Reading higher elem comprehension curriculum

Does anyone have a suggestion for upper elem grades reading only curriculum that assesses & strengthens comprehension. I'm looking for something that allows my daughter to read recommended chapter books & then answer questions. We do take quizzes after each book online at book adventure.com, but I'm looking for something more. I've been using book lists off both logos academy online & IEW reading Roadmaps. I've seen guides on logos academy too, has anyone used those? I often google free printable reading guides, but there isn't always an option. I've seen materials on teachers pay teachers.com, but is prefer a years worth curriculum for next year.

She is close to age level on reading. I want the books to be fairly safe content (Christian list approved if possible). Doesn't have to be Christisn content, though. We already have grammar covered & spelling. I'm hoping for questions or even literature activities after each chapter.

Any thoughts? It can't be too intense for this daughter. She's come a long way, but can't handle intense.

The 1879 McGuffey readers. The PDFs are free online to try, I think comprehension questions start at the 4th reader, but you may need to start at the 3rd Reader to build up vocabulary and confidence, the reading level in the 4th reader is quite high. They also build up vocabulary and reading skill gradually and explicitly, with difficult words defined and diacritically marked.