Menu

Picture Perfect Science Lessons?

displace

I know this is a long shot, but has anyone used Picture Perfect Science Lessons, a book with lessons incorporating literature/living books and science?

It's got some good reviews on amazon but my library doesn't have it and it's somewhat pricey for a gamble. 

Thanks!

Thanks for that link.  I was able to look at the sample chapters.  They remind me of GEMS in a way, except more related to the books read.  The GEMS guides I have difficulty finding the suggested reading recommendations at my library.  And they are quite extensive.  I may add more science to my curriculum.  :)

• Like 1

I was able to checkout More Picture Perfect Science Lessons via interlibrary loan. The More volume says that it is for grades K-4, so it is meant for younger grades than the original volume.

I am VERY impressed with it. It looks simply wonderful to me, and I definitely want to use it. However, I will have a 3rd grader and kindergartener next year that I'd like to combine, and I'm not sure if I want to do it this year or wait another year until the Ker can write a little more. (It looks so good that I don't want to "waste" it by doing it too early.) The concepts would probably be fine, but a lot of the student pages and projects require observations/writing, and I'm not sure we're ready for that.

The lessons are laid out very nicely--they are almost scripted, in fact--and the literature selections look very good. It would take some pre-planning to gather the materials, but the materials lists are fairly short for each lesson, and nothing seems too expensive.

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback. I wish my library had them! I found a used copy on Amazon for one of the younger books for half price so I'm going with it as a trial. Better for me than DIY but not as pricey as a curriculum we will get bored with in a month. And it seems like more lessons than a gems guide.