Menu

Selling Apples & pears, SOLD dancing bears & Dianne Craft

ETA:  SOLD Dancing Bears all levels and Dianne Craft. Apples and Pears Level C & D still available. 

I'm not sure if this allowed but I know this is the forum that would be interested in these items. I listed them on the classifieds on this site.

Apples & pears c & d.
Dancing bears a, b, c & fast track ab  SOLD
Dianne Craft right brained phonics.  SOLD

Also I would be happy to discuss what I thought about each program for those looking into these for the future. I used them with my oldest who is a challenged learner. She had trouble with visual tracking, memorizing, reversals.

Each program had different strengths.  Which one are you looking into?

Dainne Craft items helped my daughter with visual tracking problems and helped provide a way to make information "stick" in her brain.  She also had several reversals in letters before we started this program.  We used both the Dianne Craft Brain Integration therapy book and Right Brained Phonics.  I only used it for 1 year, our first year of homeschool with my oldest daughter.  This program is a good starting place for dyslexia, visual issues, and other learning challenges. 

Dancing Bears is a Reading/Phonics program by Sound Foundations.  It is from the UK.  There are a few words in it that we spell different, but not enough to matter.  We used this program our 2nd year homeschooling for the same child.  It helped her tremendously to gain fluency and speed in reading.  It uses a cursor to help with visual tracking as well.  It takes NO teacher prep, it is open and go.  It isn't time intensive at all.  I think it was 5-15 mins a day.  You can start at Fast Track AB or level A depending on your child's reading ability to start with.  There is a placement test on their website.  I used several levels of this program with my oldest daughter.  This program is excellent for slow, delayed readers, learning challenges, visual issues, dyslexia and more. 

Apples and Pears is a Spelling program by Sound Foundations also.  This program was a good option for my struggling learner because it didn't use ANY rules to teach spelling.  My daughter just isn't able to memorize spelling rules.  So this program uses chunking and repetition with dictation to teach spelling.  It did help my daughter learn to spell better. It is also open and go with no teacher prep. 

A side not about the Sound Foundations programs, very good in teaching method for challenged learners.... BUT be aware that since it is a UK program often the topics on the reading, etc... are not what I would have expected.  Things like pubs, beer, liquor, etc...  Not the end of the world, but you should be aware in advance.  I noticed this much more in the Dancing Bears (very little in Apples & Pears). 

What other questions do you have? 

Very helpful, thanks. Do you think an 8 year old would think any of it is babyish? He is reading, but stalling out. I am waiting on Evals, but don't want to do nothing in the mean time. I am going to look at the dancing bears placement test tomorrow. Thanks!

Very helpful, thanks. Do you think an 8 year old would think any of it is babyish? He is reading, but stalling out. I am waiting on Evals, but don't want to do nothing in the mean time. I am going to look at the dancing bears placement test tomorrow. Thanks!

Definitely not babyish for 8...in fact, we had to shelve A&P because it was too much until recently.

ETA: Sound Foundations has whole-book samples to view online...